Motor update 7.6.4

Little Nan

Region
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Woman's Turbo Vado 3 2018 which I love and really helps me with hilly rides. I have the TCD-W display unit which is showing I have motor version 7.1.1 but the current version is 7.4.6. Does anyone if it's worth updating to the current version, I've seen a video how to do this but unsure whether to do it or not? Came across this when trying to figure out why 'No Battery' error message came up today and then the assistance stopped for afew seconds, this happened several times but has never happened before. I have ever only had low battery which I then replaced the coin battery. I've cleaned the contacts and hopefully will be okay on my next ride.

Thanks for any advice with either query,

Jane

Hi Jane,

No need to update the firmware. I ride an older TCD-w e-bike and have never updated the firmware. The "No battery" error is annoying but it is just the soiled contacts on the battery and inside the e-bike as you properly guessed. Occasionally it happens to my Vado, too. I own three batteries and it sometimes happens that I get 'No battery" error. A can of compressed air fixes the thing!

Hi Jane,

No need to update the firmware. I ride an older TCD-w e-bike and have never updated the firmware. The "No battery" error is annoying but it is just the soiled contacts on the battery and inside the e-bike as you properly guessed. Occasionally it happens to my Vado, too. I own three batteries and it sometimes happens that I get 'No battery" error. A can of compressed air fixes the thing!
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply, I'll not update the firmware as you say. Tried to clean the contacts so hopefully it'll sort it. Was just bothered as it's never happened before and I didn't want to go too far just incase.

Thanks again,

Jane 👍

Back