Mid-Drive 700c Long Ranger ?

e-boy

Currently on a Giant Explore e +2 which I like but looking for a Mid-Drive 700c bike with long range (75-100 miles?) on pavement .
The Trek Allant 7s looks great , and I will test ride when I can , but I already know I prefer 700c .

Yes, I'm asking about options for mid-drive , 700c , long range , on pavement .
I understand there are variables .
The Trek Allant 7(s) looks good for long range with its' dual battery and mid drive but it's 27.5 , not 700c .

You'd rather might find a dual-battery one, if any such 700C e-bike exists. The largest single battery I've heard of is the one in the Turbo Levo Comp and higher models, and it is 720 Wh. You would need at least 2 x 500 Wh.

Is the Giant 500W battery compatible with your bike? I think my dealer said it was but worth checking. I can get 100 miles without too much fuss on my 500W Explore E +1, provided I'm happy to put in a little legwork and aren't riding into a strong headwind. This is in Eco or Eco+ mode. Others here have gotten up to 160 miles from a single battery. Yoikes! Not as much fun as an excuse to buy a new bike though.

2020 Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ - up to 120 miles of range

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/t...892?color=263681-154892&searchText=93920-3102

1589319224247.png

Maybe if you're going downhill with a stiff tailwind. These bikes have small batteries and the power is not expected to be used all the time. If you plan on mainly using it as a normal bike and only using the electric power when you need it, yes it's possible to get 120 miles, but any ebike has unlimited range if you don't use the electric part of it.

On a 320 Wh battery? 🤔 Switch the power off and you'd have unlimited range....
P.S. Solom, we wrote the same at the same time!
I am not an electrical engineer, but wouldn't a removable battery "trickle charge" the main battery when the bike in use so the built in battery could be used only for an emergency, and only rarely replaced?
Seems like the external battery I use for my tablet.

This is crazy coincidence- but how do you feel about an IGH and belt drive with 700C x 2.0 tires ?

Integrated battery with a range of 35 miles, extended range upto 90 or 100 miles (dual battery). Throttle optional.

This bike is meant for pavement riding style only. Lightweight (50lb including fenders lights rack etc etc).

Thanks Timpo .
At the max limit of my budget the Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ looks good .

This is a (now not so ) secret project. We will have the bike in stock for sale in a couple of weeks. Not on the site yet. Here is a sneak peek.

City Commuter, full featured (fenders, lights rack, quad piston hydraulic brakes, carbon handlebar, carbon seatpost, etc), ~50 lbs. 5speed IGH, belt drive Bafang m600. Rigid carbon fork. Priced at $3299 all in.

Optional upgrades
1. Electronic IGH +$300
2. Dual battery On frame - depends on size of battery (600-800).

Maybe if you're going downhill with a stiff tailwind. These bikes have small batteries and the power is not expected to be used all the time.
If you plan on mainly using it as a normal bike and only using the electric power when you need it, yes it's possible to get 120 miles, but any ebike has unlimited range if you don't use the electric part of it.

Gotta read the fine print... Fully integrated and secure Specialized 320Wh downtube battery w/optional Range Extender compatibility for up to 120 miles of range.

1589333957940.png

Last edited:
Back