Magura Replacement Brake Pads

DiggyGun

Region
United Kingdom
City
Buckinghamshire
Looking to replace the Magura MT4 and MT5 brake pads.

Ride a full range of terrain from tarmac to muddy tracks. Also in dry and wet weather, so basically, pads that would be suitable for all situations and conditions.

What are your favoured disc pads?

DG…

I'm afraid DG you have to do some own research.

As for me, I was convinced my Vado 6.0 needed TRP Q20.11 brake pads. Until my brother proved to me Shimano D03S pads were compatible :)

I'm afraid DG you have to do some own research.

As for me, I was convinced my Vado 6.0 needed TRP Q20.11 brake pads. Until my brother proved to me Shimano D03S pads were compatible :)
There are many different makes out there. The LBS previously used Elvedes, but I can’t seem to find them.

I did get some EBC ones, but couldn’t get the same for front and back. However, the back brakes still squealed, not when being used, but when pushing the bike. I have found that I have to spray with bike disc brake cleaner after every use.

I’ve got the bike booked in today with a local bike mechanic for a full brake service as the bike is over two years old and, apart from a pad change has never had any brake work done. It does need looking at as the front brake now has gone soft and doesn’t bite until the lever is right up to the handle bar.

I have got a new set of front and back pads for today, if needed and went for a set of BBB DiscStop e-bike pads.
IMG_2767.jpeg

So see what happens.

DG…

Looking to replace the Magura MT4 and MT5 brake pads.

Ride a full range of terrain from tarmac to muddy tracks. Also in dry and wet weather, so basically, pads that would be suitable for all situations and conditions.

What are your favoured disc pads?

DG…
I had the MT4s and the nI tried the metallic pads on the roots I had it was horrible. makes me wonder fitly were not compatible with metallic pads? oops I forgot when I changed over to Shimano brakes the rotors were fine with metallic pads.

Brakes done. Bled, rotors and callipers cleaned, rotors and callipers realigned, new brake pads fitted.

DG…

Ride on!!!!!
I use magnet to extract them pads out from the caliper.
My Magura caliper mount has an eccentric hole when I remove and replace friction pads I make adjustments on caliper new brake pads sometimes cause brake drag.
I was thinking about replacing the entire brakes system at every 5K miles interval on my Monte Capro. I have not do the math on cost.
you should pst the pistons in before replacing the pads. Push them in while the old pads are in place.

I recommend to use EBC brake pads with sintered compound (the orange one) - those last the longest period of time and do not loose grip in wet environment.

Back