LUNACYCLE, Not your typical ebike company

wings02

Insomnia got the better of me last night so I started surfing the web about ebikes I'm interested in. The Luna "fixed' model was one of my interests. As I continued my search and started watching video reviews, I came upon an interview with Eric Hicks, the founder of Lunacycle. The interview took place in his new factory/warehouse/retail store. The facility opened five months prior to the interview so there was still some organizing that needed to be done. Putting that aside, there was some major manufacturing machinery used to make several components Lunacycle uses in their bikes and sells to both retail and to other ebike companies. In reading articles about Hicks, you realize how he got started and has been instrumental in the ebike industry. His goal is to produce industry leading ebikes in the USA that are affordable. From looking at his operation, it appears he is on the fast track to accomplishing that. Hicks has pursued his hobby of ebikes and turned it into an industry leading (in my opinion) company. This post is not an advertisement for Lunacycle. I have no financial ties with the exception of possibly purchasing one of their products.

Perhaps labor rates in the US will allow him to actualize his goal as the market becomes flooded with people looking for jobs or perhaps "robotics" if he had the "deep" pockets nessesary. I doubt it possible @ my idea of affordable. ($3 to 4.5k. ) That said I would so like to be totally wrong. The Covid19 does present a window of opportunity to bring some manufacturing back to the USA. Of course coupled with this venture would have to be some flag draped consumers willing to change some "best price only" buying habits.

Perhaps labor rates in the US will allow him to actualize his goal as the market becomes flooded with people looking for jobs or perhaps "robotics" if he had the "deep" pockets nessesary. I doubt it possible @ my idea of affordable. ($3 to 4.5k. ) That said I would so like to be totally wrong. The Covid19 does present a window of opportunity to bring some manufacturing back to the USA. Of course coupled with this venture would have to be some flag draped consumers willing to change some "best price only" buying habits.

good luck with that

Back