Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

Out and about with my Teo Fat Bike,
yes i do have 2 different tires on it now since the brand new one blew up on me last weekend after 5 miles, my guess is that it was not happy at all that i installed it on rear and it blew from inside out , (the seller forgot to mention to me that this one wanted to be a steer tire) .

1526927531098.jpg

1526927296938.jpg

1526926661296.jpg

1526928564690.jpg

I live on an island that is primarily ag and state wildlife land with a large lake in the center that in the spring creeps into the surrounding areas creating some flooding.

unnamed-3.jpg

Yesterday I was doing some flood watching and came across two patches of road with water on them. As the road is relatively flat and I have traveled on it enough to know there wasn't probably going to be a huge hole anywhere I decided to go for it. I rode the center line and water came up well over the bb but the bike never even sputtered.

unnamed-1.jpg

Not the best pic of my bike but a good one of the water trap.

After going back and forth and not wanting to do the mileage back to my starting point in wet shoes I took a sunny break by a slough and dried them out.

unnamed-2.jpg

Got away this week to some higher altitude. Mt. St. Helens Ape Canyon-Smith Creek (https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/4550979/ape-canyon-to-plains-of-abraham-imba-epic) We did the whole loop of blue, green (which was paved), black (which was very tasty single track the whole way down dropping from moonscape to lush forest. Some scrambling in the Riparian zone and freezing cold run-off swollen fast current river crossing (the one in the pic is the mellow one that there was a log to cross on). Long day, 26miles and we stopped a lot to gawk especially at the herd of Mountain Goats, with the bike and a friend and it truly was epic.

D0524F2A-45E3-43BC-AF36-E25018139223.jpg

IMG_0973.JPG

This is my favorite thread. It's fun seeing everyone's bike out in the wild.
I'm happy with my Specialized Como. I feel so lucky that my girlfriend got excited about the bike too and got a Como herself. What a fun thing for us to do, exploring neighborhoods, mountain parks, downtown Portland!

IMG_0796.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg

Reid and Old Bike.JPG

First ebike, my 52nd birthday, May 2006, a Currie that I soon modded to go 23mph by adding another 12V (for 36V) of SLA batteries. It was not long before I burned up the little outboard brushed motor! Its replacement lasted better with a hair drier blower motor integrated to blow a cold air blast across the windings. Oh, those days when I used to "improve" things They are still with me, grin.

EDIT: Have corrected the year. 2006. That was also the year when the VisforVoltage ebike forum was destroyed by a hacker and our ebike community was almost lost. We regrouped at Endless Sphere, of which I was original member #5. I like it here better.

Last edited:
@Reid, Currie Tech only made that Cruiser model with the springer forks for one season. They were a hit although the forks were kinda so-so but the styling was very popular. That bike was in the days of the brushed side mounted motor and one heavy lead acid battery pack. Think you were pushing about 80+ lbs with that model! That design later morphed into the very popular Zuma. Nice to visit the wayback machine :) thanks.

Back