lectric xp handlebars

I changed mine to BMX handlebar. I'm not a fan of long stem and narrow length bars. I think it balances the stance and look of the bike.

Just got a new klunker handlebar yesterday, has a great sweep angle for the grips so you can sit back more and have a straight stance on your back.

Ill take some pics when it gets installed on her.

bike.jpg

The ride is so much more comfy now that I can straighten my back out more...wish I woulda did this ages ago.

Look so much better! I did the same with mine, replaced it with hi-rise BMX handle bars. It maintained the height which I want and got rid of the narrow bar and tall stem. I think it balances the stance better. I see you covered up the manufacturer's logo as well! ;)

Ki11a ... Do you have a link for the manufacturer of that specific handlebar? Looks like it's got about a 5" rise ... close? Do you ride yours off-road per chance?
Sure, they are Velo Orange Klunker Handlebars....I have already linked a few people to these and they have seem to have bought them because now they are out of stock :(

I do some light off roading on gravel and such and the handlebars are A LOT better in terms of comfortability and handling.

Thanks ki11a; Appreciate the quick reply. Looking at the specs, that one's exactly the width (680mm) I was looking for. Looks like I'd be able to use a full grip on the throttle side also without having to chop it off to make it fit. Looks like I could also mount my Feisike rear camera & monitor on a handlebar extender as well as the Cycl wing lights turning signals that fit into the ends of the handlebar on this puppy. Hopefully they come back into stock soon. BTW, it says you're from Florida. Have you found any Florida ebike groups who venture off on some interesting rides here in Florida (I live in the Tampa Bay area).

Thanks ki11a; Appreciate the quick reply. Looking at the specs, that one's exactly the width (680mm) I was looking for. Looks like I'd be able to use a full grip on the throttle side also without having to chop it off to make it fit. Looks like I could also mount my Feisike rear camera & monitor on a handlebar extender as well as the Cycl wing lights turning signals that fit into the ends of the handlebar on this puppy. Hopefully they come back into stock soon. BTW, it says you're from Florida. Have you found any Florida ebike groups who venture off on some interesting rides here in Florida (I live in the Tampa Bay area).

I am currently in Orlando and only seen maybe 3 other ebikes out in the wild...havent really heard of any get together rides yet, maybe because of the whole covid thing or who knows. I actually have a girl friend who moved out to Tampa and really likes it there...

I highly recommend a higher rise set of handlebars and look for something with sweep since it definitely gives you extra comfort...hopefully the Klunker handlebars come back in stock, I know at least 2 members I recommended them to have them and love em :)

The cycle wing lights look pretty interesting, I was also checking them out but they seemed a bit expensive, also I cant use them on my handlebars now because I am using the bar end for my rearview mirror...I could get a different type of mirror that mounts on the bar but I dunno if thats worth just the side lights. I usually just use my hands and it gets the job done.

ki!!a ... Been searching various bike trails in central Florida area & looks like several nice ones outside Orlando. A number of nice ones here too. I just received our 2nd Lectric XP (Step Thru) for my wife, but I'm not sure she'll really take to it (time will tell). Fedex is supposed to deliver my new bike carrier tomorrow (Northern Tool has a nice one for 2 fat tire bikes) so that'll make transporting these puppies easier. Hopefully those Klunker handlebars come back in before Christmas (on my list). Looking for something with more sweep-back & a bit wider than what comes stock, although I have modified the daylights out of these and they're much more comfortable now. The wing light turn signals are cute, but not nearly as bright in the day as I'd hoped they'd be. I tried a couple different mirrors but didn't like them (never liked them on my regular bikes either), so I went a different route and added a Feisike Handlebar Bike Camera (mounted on the rack) with a 4.3" HD Night Vision display (on Amazon it's $54.99 ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HMRSG58/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Absolutely love it (took awhile to adjust it properly). Mounted it right underneath my Lectric XP controller on an inexpensive Yizhet Handlebar Extender ($12.99 on Amazon). Here's a photo in case you're interested in this setup (I used to fly the F4 Phantom and this setup now reminds me of being back in the cockpit; boys & their toys) ...

Attachments

• IMG_3288 2.jpg
    IMG_3288 2.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 686
Back