Lectric Step-Thru Comfort Package?

leehop71

Region
USA
City
Cape Coral
Does anyone own this package (seat) for the Letic XP 3 Step-Thru?

Review?

Our 2.0 step thrus came with it. Seat was bigger but they're on the shelf replaced by Cloud Nine seats from Amazon. Way better seats.the suspension seat post is okay...

If your'e talking about the plush seat and suspension post then yes. But I never installed the seat. The quality of the seat was a 7 out 10, 10 being great, in build quality. I hate springs, they always pull thru on me. I like those Sella Royal seats from Wal Mart. I gave the, surprisingly non-Lectric branded, plush seat to a co-worker. I've yet to ask him if he likes it. Now the Lectric branded suspension seat post is pretty good for what we call a pogo post. I'm 220 lbs (not local bike shop) and it works great. I've yet to bottom it out, its not super springy and it hasn't fallen apart in my 250 miles of harsh ownership.

I think you can adjust the tension on the suspension post via a HUGE allen wrench on the bottom. I never messed with it since it works for my weight and I don't have a allen wrench that large. Only reason I ended up with the comfort package for the seating was it was a Black Friday bonus or something.

I’ve tried the Cloud 9 seat on my Denago, but the way the Denago post was designed, the Cloud 9 could only be installed one way and there was no way to adjust the seat forward or backwards and it kept drawing me forward toward the handlebars!

Is it possible to take the Lectric seat off the pole or do you have to replace the whole pole?

Seat (Lectric plush) sits on rails like normal seats. But this is a weird note to make. The co-worker I gave the plush seat to has a Addmotor with a regular, non-suspension post. When we pulled the Addmotor flat/thin seat off and went to mount the Lectric plush seat the rails required us to squeeze the Lectric rails to make it fit the Addmotor post. I've seen this strange rail issue in the past. A set of slip joint pliers and some hand strength can make the rails fit. Not sure if a rail would break down the road from being rigged but that's what we had to do. The Addmotor guy just plays around in the neighborhood, no commuting or far rides for him.

Cloud 9 makes some very plush and comfy seats, and their quality is always top notch. I've always liked Sella Royals myself and the ones Wal Mart sells are made in Italy, and my wife is Italian! I feel like I support some distant relative when I buy one.

Seat (Lectric plush) sits on rails like normal seats. But this is a weird note to make. The co-worker I gave the plush seat to has a Addmotor with a regular, non-suspension post. When we pulled the Addmotor flat/thin seat off and went to mount the Lectric plush seat the rails required us to squeeze the Lectric rails to make it fit the Addmotor post. I've seen this strange rail issue in the past. A set of slip joint pliers and some hand strength can make the rails fit. Not sure if a rail would break down the road from being rigged but that's what we had to do. The Addmotor guy just plays around in the neighborhood, no commuting or far rides for him.

Cloud 9 makes some very plush and comfy seats, and their quality is always top notch. I've always liked Sella Royals myself and the ones Wal Mart sells are made in Italy, and my wife is Italian! I feel like I support some distant relative when I buy one.
So if I wanted to swap the Lectric stock seat with another, I can disconnect the seat from the post?

Back