Kit for 24" E-MTB

Rosecity

Hey folks, I’m new and just accidently posted this same thread in Rules and Etiquette, sorry!
I’ve had a couple ebikes and they don’t really ever feel comfortable (I’m 5’7). Current bike is 2018 RadCity 16” so it’s pretty good fit but I just don’t like the geometry.
Recently, I saw the Zooz BMX bike and was immediately nostalgic and thought a 24” MTB bike in that BMX style would work for me around the hilly neighborhoods in Portland, OR.
I’ve not found any e-bike like the Zooz without fat tires ( I don't like fat bikes).
So, I’d like to find a good DIY candidate MTB and add low BMX bars. Is this a bad idea? I’m thinking this approach would give me disc brakes and 7-8 gears too, which is crucial. Fork can be rigid, not really concerned either way.

Goal: 750W Mid drive Kit to get at least twice as much torque as my RadCity (40nm)
Any thoughts on a bike that will fit a 48V pack on the downtube and meet BB requirements on a Bafang mid drive or similar kit? I’m also excited to feel less drag in the geared motor vs the direct drive.
I should say I like the look of the Zooz besides the banana seat, for these reasons—smaller 24” tires, low BMX bars and a classic simple frame. Let me know your thoughts! I’m hoping to get this accomplished under 2k.
Thanks!
Andy
Zooz_BMX.jpg

Hey folks, I’m new and just accidently posted this same thread in Rules and Etiquette, sorry!
I’ve had a couple ebikes and they don’t really ever feel comfortable (I’m 5’7). Current bike is 2018 RadCity 16” so it’s pretty good fit but I just don’t like the geometry.
Recently, I saw the Zooz BMX bike and was immediately nostalgic and thought a 24” MTB bike in that BMX style would work for me around the hilly neighborhoods in Portland, OR.
I’ve not found any e-bike like the Zooz without fat tires ( I don't like fat bikes).
So, I’d like to find a good DIY candidate MTB and add low BMX bars. Is this a bad idea? I’m thinking this approach would give me disc brakes and 7-8 gears too, which is crucial. Fork can be rigid, not really concerned either way.

Goal: 750W Mid drive Kit to get at least twice as much torque as my RadCity (40nm)
Any thoughts on a bike that will fit a 48V pack on the downtube and meet BB requirements on a Bafang mid drive or similar kit? I’m also excited to feel less drag in the geared motor vs the direct drive.
I should say I like the look of the Zooz besides the banana seat, for these reasons—smaller 24” tires, low BMX bars and a classic simple frame. Let me know your thoughts! I’m hoping to get this accomplished under 2k.
Thanks!
Andy
View attachment 71775
Those Zooz bike are some of the cleanest stealthiest bike I have seen. the models they show in their video are eye popping ! Maybe a second bike in my future.

Back