Just placed order

gkgeiger

I just ordered 2 700ST bikes. We currently own 4 E-bikes but want to replace the 2 we have in Ohio. After much research we decided on the R1U 700ST's. For the price I couldn't pass up the features they offer, and they are great looking bikes. Looking forward to receiving them by mid April.

Congrats! So far my wife has curtailed any eBike purchase syndromes that are akin to guitars. I know I can only play one at a time. I can see the logic in keeping separate bikes at different locations. Perhaps I should "float" that idea past her since we do go between residencies twice a year :)

That is a Bonnie Salt Flats racer. I actually stole the pic because it was such a cool design. Her name is Bombshell Betty, a 1952 Buick that went 165mph on her record run. I tried to get my wife to go for an old Karman Ghia she could attempt to break the 36hp record of like 61mph. Just so we could play in the pits and get a participant certificate. Needless to say she said no and asked the VA to check my meds LOL

I just ordered 2 700ST bikes. We currently own 4 E-bikes but want to replace the 2 we have in Ohio. After much research we decided on the R1U 700ST's. For the price I couldn't pass up the features they offer, and they are great looking bikes. Looking forward to receiving them by mid April.
Congratulations ! Did you have to pay state tax on them. I remember seeing a recent report from RadPower, that they were going to have to add state taxes beginning March 1.

Speaking of RAD... How closely did you look at their models and compare to R1U? Did you consider service after the sale from each company? RAD gets such high marks there and also has a nice bricks and mortar store to interface with if need be.

I own 2 Rad City bikes and I’m very pleased with them and their service. I really like the looks of the R1U and the components. Short of the frame breaking I wouldn’t be concerned. Court seemed to like them in his video.

Just got a notice that 250 700 series bikes shipping this week. Now I can try out my new Park stand.
same here... tomorrow (Thursday the 23rd april) and bought the Park stand a couple of weeks ago on Amazon and I'm very pleased with it. Tried my wife's Benelli Classica ebike (almost as heavy) and no problem for the weight. Good quality stand and not too expensive. Almost went for a cheap make but thanks to the reviews decided against it.

Subscribed. Interested to hear a comparison on the R1U.
I'm actually quite surprised they got them in and are shipping already. REALLY SURPRISED!!

I think this is the 2nd shipment of 250 of the 700 step over model which were forecast for April 21 availability for quite some time. I think they were sold out via pre-orders, but maybe not. The 2nd batch of step thru 700 pre orders are forecasted for May 24th.

I think this is the 2nd shipment of 250 of the 700 step over model which were forecast for April 21 availability for quite some time. I think they were sold out via pre-orders, but maybe not. The 2nd batch of step thru 700 pre orders are forecasted for May 24th.
I believe the backorder problem was with the pandemic and their supply chain that starts in China. They also experienced a problem with a shipment container and the paperwork involved with the batteries... Mine was shipped yesterday and looks like it's coming tomorrow... two days is better than Amazon lately.

I believe the backorder problem was with the pandemic and their supply chain that starts in China. They also experienced a problem with a shipment container and the paperwork involved with the batteries... Mine was shipped yesterday and looks like it's coming tomorrow... two days is better than Amazon lately.
Two weeks for Amazon in some recent cases. So much for the Prime promises they make. :confused:

Back