Juiced warranty claim on ripcurrent. Still like my juiced bike!

Partyman1971

i bought the rip current in January 2020. I didn’t ride It much until the last few month because I live in Michigan and COVID messed up everyone plans.

Last week the left pedal started clicking when pedaling. I changed it with another bike pedal and the clicking stopped. Only has 275 miles on the bike.

Juiced considers this a wear and tear part so they will not replace the pedal. They did offer a discount of 25% for a new set of Replacement pedals listed at $19.99 on there website.

Another issue I had was the rear tail light quit working after I went through some rain. I understood why they wouldn’t cover that under warranty. I also told them the light wasn’t worth putting on the bike.

Last edited:
i bought the rip current in January 2020. I didn’t ride It much until the last few month because I live in Michigan and COVID messed up everyone plans.

Last week the left pedal started clicking when pedaling. I changed it with another bike pedal and the clicking stopped. Only has 275 miles on the bike.

Juiced considers this a wear and tear part so they will not replace the pedal. They did offer a discount of 25% for a new set of Replacement pedals listed at $19.99 on there website.

Another issue I had was the rear tail light quit working after I went through some rain. I understood why they wouldn’t cover that under warranty. I also told them the light wasn’t worth putting on the bike.

I attached the email thread.

Buyer beware. They are not looking for repeat customers.
I don't know. Pedals which come on almost any bike are generally cheap junk. Even many of the EBR reviews even acknowledge the low quality of OEM provided pedals which come with e-bikes, and make a comment like "not very good quality but will get you started and you can replace them with something better when they fail." I have yet to install the provided pedals on any of the e-bikes I have purchased, since I like the RaceFace Chesters, which are available in the $30 range when on sale. Never had a single issue with these.

And you want them to replace a tail light which "wasn’t worth putting on the bike" in the first place? Once again, I will put a real safety device on any bike which comes stock with cheap junk on it. Even on some bikes which have integrated lights. We had an integrated tail light fail on a Bulls bike, so I just replaced it with a decent light (Supernova). Not worth my time and effort to even contact a manufacturer for warranty replacement of a part which was not effective in the first place.

Bike manufacturers are, unfortunately, forced into these situations by buyers who want cheap prices. Include a set of good pedals with every bike and the price goes up by $100. Put a Supernova light on the front and/or back of the bike and the price goes up another $150-$200. And then folks complain that the bike is too expensive, and others that they don't like the pedals, and why not just drop the price of the bike, don't include pedals and they can buy their own.

Different strokes for different folks.

I have never had anything of substance go wrong with my RCS, so I have yet to know how Juiced Bikes warranty works. And based on a bad pedal and failed cheap, rear, battery powered light, I won't be cancelling my HyperScorpion order.

Pedals are usually a cheap item that many replace with a decent quality pair. Heck, my two road bikes didn't even come with pedals.

Pedals, grips and saddles are those items alot of bike riders will want to change out to their own personal preference. Any bike that comes with pedals these days will have the cheapest pedals the OEM manufacturer can find. My brand new Specialized Fatboy at 2100 bucks had the most God awful pedals that Specialized could find in their cheapo parts bin. And yes, when the weather turned hot, they made a knocking noise that had me thinking I had a failing bottom bracket.

Methinks you're being unfair to Juiced as they were willing to meet you halfway with a discount on new pedals.

Since DeaconBlues gave you a good tip on good pedals, so will I: OneUp composite pedals. They are pinned pedals, good for mountain biking as well as tooling in town.

But not with your bare feet! :)

50 bucks and you'll be a happy ebiker again.

I don’t disagree with what you guys have said. I’ve owned several decent quality Bikes over the years and have not had one single issue that I didn’t create. So I think that’s why I was initially disappointed.

I do like this bike and considering the price point I would still buy a juiced bIke. I think we all have our eye on the hyper scorpion!

Last edited:
Glad I didn't waste any time even mounting the stock pedals. Didn't waste any time with the stock rear light either. Anyone buying this bike should just just recycle those components. My initial review will be published soon, I got mine in the last BlackFriday sale, I have just over 850km on it now, might wait until I get 1000km on it or close. I really like the RCS, but lots of room for improvement in the experience, but I think the bike was a decent value.

I always replace the stock pedals with 3-bearing pedals. They are sturdier and last longer. Also, you can get a color that complements the bike!

Back