Juiced 21Ah battery

AlRay

I am considering the purchase of a new CCS having the 21Ah battery.
Would anyone have any thoughts re: the Juiced 52V 21Ah battery vs their 52V 19.2Ah battery?
Is the 21Ah battery a good battery?
Thanks for any help/recommendations here.
Al

I am considering the purchase of a new CCS having the 21Ah battery.
Would anyone have any thoughts re: the Juiced 52V 21Ah battery vs their 52V 19.2Ah battery?
Is the 21Ah battery a good battery?
Thanks for any help/recommendations

I can't speak to the 19 as this is my first Ebike but the 21 so far has been great. A bit on the heavy side but you don't notice it too much in the CCS. This is the picture I took after my commute home the other day, keep in mind that I have I have almost 2km of very steep uphill climbs

Attachments

• 20190508_173432.jpg
    20190508_173432.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
I can't speak to the 19 as this is my first Ebike but the 21 so far has been great. A bit on the heavy side but you don't notice it too much in the CCS. This is the picture I took after my commute home the other day, keep in mind that I have I have almost 2km of very steep uphill climbs

Do they still make the 21 Ah battery? I thought it went by the wayside about the time the CCX hit the market.

Good to hear. The 21Ah battery should have lots of reserve.
Thanks so much for the reply.
Do they still make the 21 Ah battery? I thought it went by the wayside about the time the CCX hit the market.
Hi Bruce. They are not offered anymore but I was wondering why? The 52V 19.2Ah battery seems to have replaced it.

I've never seen any explanation for the switch from 21 to 19.2. In real world terms, it doesn't make much difference. The fact that both are 52 V is much more important.

Well, they did have a 21 Ah 48 V battery back when I got my CCS. I doubt you are talking about that one.

There was also a 17.4 Ah 48 V battery, which is the one I bought, and which I might be the last customer to buy one before they disappeared.

I've never seen any explanation for the switch from 21 to 19.2. In real world terms, it doesn't make much difference. The fact that both are 52 V is much more important.

Well, they did have a 21 Ah 48 V battery back when I got my CCS. I doubt you are talking about that one.

There was also a 17.4 Ah 48 V battery, which is the one I bought, and which I might be the last customer to buy one before they disappeared.
Hi Bruce. I just found this: https://support.juicedbikes.com/hc/...-do-you-not-sell-the-21Ah-battery-any-longer-

That makes sense.. the CCX has 25Ah controller, but without high discharge rate batteries, powerful controller is useless.
Would it work to pair the 52V 21Ah battery with the 52V controller or would the52V 19.2Ah battery be better?

The CCS i just bought had a 52V kit with the regular 20amp controlle and a 21AH battery. I may upgrade to the 25amp controller in the future but this is good for me for now.

Did your kit include the 52V advanced display or the 48V? If the 48V does the voltage read correctly or is it pegged, if one can use that term for a digital display?

Did your kit include the 52V advanced display or the 48V? If the 48V does the voltage read correctly or is it pegged, if one can use that term for a digital display?
Im not quite sure what you mean, I am super new to all this. My display does show 58.8 volts when i charge to 100%. and I do have the 0 assist level and the R mode as well.

I was questioning which display you might have. A 48V Advanced display and a 52V Advanced display are available. I take it then you must have the 52V version. I also have limited knowledge in this area.
I have many questions about what goes with, and will work "properly" with, the various 48V to 52V parts. It appears the 52V 21Ah battery falls off rather quickly when nearing the discharged end, this is perhaps why Juiced replaced them with the 19.2Ah battery. Back to my first query, is the 52V 19.2AH battery a superior battery to the 21Ah because of this?
If one installs a 52V battery in place of the standard 48V battery on the CCS, would the controller and the 52V Advanced display have to be replaced as a pair for everything to work properly? The CCS came with a 650W motor. The CCS X comes with a 750W motor. Will the 650W motor from the CCS work reliably using 52V?

Generally, 48V controller can handle 52V just fine as voltage being so close.
For example, the current owner of 48V Juiced, Rad Power, Volt, Surface 604, etc.. can use 52V battery without damaging the controller.

Thank you Timpo, for your reply. Excellent video. Will a 48V Advanced display read correctly or will I have to upgrade to the 52V Advanced display to get accurate voltage, etc. readings?

Back