Isn't a car just a 4 wheel scooter with doors/windows and a BIGGER platform ?

Ebiker01

Scooter or EV ??

A LOT of people lately in cities are choosing THE E SCOOTER.

It's quite logical. We travel less then 10-15miles, alone , order on Amazon, do 2-3errands/day, don't want the hassle of parking/insurance/registration, 6.95$/gallon or charging an electric car.

At most , most of us carry a backpack/purse.

For an EV car , the front area (Frunk), is usefull mostly only for impact deflection. There is already a trunk which most people don't use too often. Same with the rear seats/passenger seats, unless you'r unfortunate to be an Uber driver....

29889584-2E55-4273-B3B2-2140BB7D997E.png

Here is a car that performed its proper function.
The driver reportedly stayed in the hospital overnight for observation and was released.
I have a clipping of a Buick that did not protect the occupants from a tractor trailer driver that failed to notice that Interstate 65 was stopped for power line installation. About 8" high overall.

Attachments

• 300e_20030519_002rearenddslbnz.jpg
    300e_20030519_002rearenddslbnz.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Here is a car that performed its proper function.
The driver reportedly stayed in the hospital overnight for observation and was released.
I have a clipping of a Buick that did not protect the occupants from a tractor trailer driver that failed to notice that Interstate 65 was stopped for power line installation. About 8" high overall.
it is probably worth more totaled then used 😉 due to the high metal and catalytic converter Pm (platnium/palladium) prices

Funny thread title. I love gas motor scooters and have owned a bit of everything. Honda Helix is a favorite. KYMCO the most reliable. Love the Yamaha Zuma 2-strokes for tuning. Currently own a Piaggio Liberty 150. Wife surprised me with a $10,000 new scooter fund. But I'm getting older and no longer ride in the rain, super cold weather, crazy hot or other extreme factors. So I used the money and purchased a gently used 2016 Honda Fit instead. Has all the creature comforts of a car and is almost as nimble as a scooter, plus it keeps the miles off the Subaru Baja.

And I'll always pick a ebike over a escooter (stand-up ones) because I use my ebike for grocery shopping, though some of those escooters are fun to ride!

nd I'll always pick a ebike over a escooter (stand-up ones) because I use my ebike for grocery shopping, though some of those escooters are fun to ride
Is hard to find ebikes that have a range of at least 25 miles on throttle alone and that also go at least 25mph w/o PAS , again only on throttle. They are also at least 2-3k while a scooter with similar capabilities is around 1k.

In last month i've put about 430 miles on a escooter. Went with Ebike to grocery 2times and that was all the riding she got lately.

Size is relative. IMHO size matters when transporting ebikes.

Attachments

• 20220902_162650.jpg
    20220902_162650.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 114
We need more exercise, not less. I watch these 20-40yr olds just standing on their scooters and I think, a) the gyroscope effect of puny wheels is not going to keep you steady like bike wheels, and b) get some exercise already!

We need more exercise, not less. I watch these 20-40yr olds just standing on their scooters and I think, a) the gyroscope effect of puny wheels is not going to keep you steady like bike wheels, and b) get some exercise already!
1 is actually getting a lot more exercise on a scooter then on an ebike(in most cases, except when riding at high cadence , hills , harder gears)

Standing on for 1hour +on a scooter ! also when riding a scooter , ur always balancing it and taking the turns slowly moving ur legs left-right; that works a lot of muscles. and having a very strong grip on the handlebar does wonders to ur upper body as well.

- on an ebike, is ok to grab the handlebar lightly , one's butt sits on the comfy chair doing nothing....

- the better scooters , have LARGE BEEFY WIDE wheels , as in 11inchx 3 inches or 4inches wide.

Only a old fart would loose balance on one of those....

Back