Is there is bike repair shop in Charlotte?

Milton Jr

Region
USA
Hello, guys,

I would like to ask the more experienced here on the forum if they could help me electric bike for repair.

I live in Charlotte, can anybody have located a repair shop in Charlotte that I can take the bike for repair.

Bike issue:
Voltmeter set to 250. (I don’t have 200 on my dial) meter reads about 30, When on bike, LCD lights up and headlight will burn and display shows full battery, but even when I just pedal, no readings at all on display. Maybe problem is in control box or motor?
Where can I take a look for repair service for it? There is no offline repair shop for this brand.
Thanks a lot.

Jr

Hello Milton, here is a quick and easy motor / controller phase test you can do at home: Please give this a test and let me know what you find, just keep in mind, this is only for testing mosfet (phase) shorts, so I cannot guarantee it will find anything: If you elevate the rear wheel and spin the rear wheel backwards by hand, can you feel an abnormal amount of resistance? I.e. more resistance than the drivetrain, if the motor or controller is shorted out, it will take some force to move that rear wheel backwards. If this is a hub-drive unit with a motor harness plug next to one of the chain stays, and there is resistance, you can disconnect the harness and retest. If the resistance goes away after unplugging, it will diagnose that you have a bad motor controller (mosfet short). If the resistance persists, you may have a phase burnout inside of the motor.

Also, it would be worth to know your unit model and brand, and the voltage the bike is running on. (36v, 48v, etc.)

Hello Milton, here is a quick and easy motor / controller phase test you can do at home: Please give this a test and let me know what you find, just keep in mind, this is only for testing mosfet (phase) shorts, so I cannot guarantee it will find anything: If you elevate the rear wheel and spin the rear wheel backwards by hand, can you feel an abnormal amount of resistance? I.e. more resistance than the drivetrain, if the motor or controller is shorted out, it will take some force to move that rear wheel backwards. If this is a hub-drive unit with a motor harness plug next to one of the chain stays, and there is resistance, you can disconnect the harness and retest. If the resistance goes away after unplugging, it will diagnose that you have a bad motor controller (mosfet short). If the resistance persists, you may have a phase burnout inside of the motor.

Also, it would be worth to know your unit model and brand, and the voltage the bike is running on. (36v, 48v, etc.)
Thank you very much for your reply. But I am relatively old, and I don't know much about the test you mentioned above. I live in Charlotte. I just want to know if there is a professional bicycle shop near Charlotte that can help me solve this problem. I like my bike very much.

Back