Is the 2018 Urban Evo coming to the US

I am very interested in the six50 E 2 street, but saw this model shown at the Interbike show. Will it be coming to the US in this form?

https://propelbikes.com/product/bulls-urban-evo-2018/
This bike will be coming to the US, but it won’t be till late summer as with most Powertube bikes, with the exception of some coming out of Germany like Riese & Muller. We’ll have more on that after the new year though. I hope this helps

This bike will be coming to the US, but it won’t be till late summer as with most Powertube bikes, with the exception of some coming out of Germany like Riese & Muller. We’ll have more on that after the new year though. I hope this helps
This really piqued my curiosity. Are Riese & Müller bringing the new Charger and Supercharger to the U.S. sooner than previously expected? I've been trying to hold out. Also, curious if you think they may update the Delite with the Powertube batteries anytime soon?

This really piqued my curiosity. Are Riese & Müller bringing the new Charger and Supercharger to the U.S. sooner than previously expected? I've been trying to hold out. Also, curious if you think they may update the Delite with the Powertube batteries anytime soon?
Not any sooner than previously expected. Still looking at Spring. Will have more on that soon though. No updates on the Delite with Powertube. The current design is still only about a year old.

I want to purchase the dual battery New Charger by the end of March. I like the power tube and regular 500 watt battery look, I wonder if this is a realistic goal? I would feel extremely unhappy if I purchased the regular dual battery version of the Charger only to find out a few months later that the New Charger was now available after investing over $6K. My worst case scenario entails serious buyers remorse after having ordered the Charger and awaiting delivery only to find to that the New Charger is now available because the powertube UL certification issue has been resolved. What should I do?

Attachments

• Riese-Mueller_New-Charger_2018_EN_GB.pdf
    118 KB · Views: 1,552
I am also very interested in the Bulls Six50 Evo TR Street. It has a more "integrated" Bosch SPEED motor and is a full suspension E-bike. It lacks a powertube. However I don't know if it is "really" for sale now. The Propel website lists the bike, but the picture does not match the Bulls website. The Six50 Evo TR street has not yet been reviewed on EBR. I wonder, if it is available at all dealers now, since I live in the Chicagoland area and there are a few Bulls dealers within a 1-2 hour drive from my home. However, neither of their websites list the Six50 Evo TR Street for sale. Otherwise I will have to travel several hundred miles to the nearest Reise & Muller Dealer in Greensboro NC or, even further, to Propel Bikes in Brooklyn NY to order a Charger GT Nuvinci HS. I'm hoping the next few months will provide some illumination and I can purchase an ebike of my dreams. Choices! Choices! Coiices!

Urban EVO is just flat bar version of the Dail-E grinder minus the Di2. Cool bike though. Very nice componentry. I wish it had the M99 pure+ lights instead of the measly E3.

I'm betting that Court's review of the Six50 TR Street is imminent. In this review of the Urban Evo, the TR Street is shown. So he probably was getting all of his 2018 Bulls reviews in and now a matter of editing and publishing. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also trying to decide between the Six50 TR Street and the New Charger (and a couple of others). Full suspension commuting or in-tube battery? Tough choices. Right now R&M has the edge just because I have no local Bulls dealers and I've never tried their products. Also my impression of Bulls isn't the best based on what I've picked up in these forums. But for R&M, I'd have complete confidence in re-ordering from Propel Bikes and I already know the medium Charger fits me. So probably a hardtail New Charger has a leg up on the TR Street - at least for me.

I'm betting that Court's review of the Six50 TR Street is imminent. In this review of the Urban Evo, the TR Street is shown. So he probably was getting all of his 2018 Bulls reviews in and now a matter of editing and publishing. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also trying to decide between the Six50 TR Street and the New Charger (and a couple of others). Full suspension commuting or in-tube battery? Tough choices. Right now R&M has the edge just because I have no local Bulls dealers and I've never tried their products. Also my impression of Bulls isn't the best based on what I've picked up in these forums. But for R&M, I'd have complete confidence in re-ordering from Propel Bikes and I already know the medium Charger fits me. So probably a hardtail New Charger has a leg up on the TR Street - at least for me.

I am in a similar position as you. My two top choices are between The Bulls Evo TR Street and the Riese & Muller New Charger. The TR Street has yet to be reviewed. I likes it's integrated motor and full suspension. I like the R & M Nuvinci system and dual battery option. My main problem is that, living in the Chicagoland Area . I am nearly a 12 hour drive from the nearest R&M dealer. The nearest Bulls dealer is only about an 1&1/2 hour drive. So I'm comparing a day trip vs a 3 day excursion with the commensurate gas and lodging expenses. Like you, my preference is for the New Charger with the powertube and regular Bosch battery. IMHO this would be the best of both worlds. But the New Charger is not even for sale in the US market now as it awaits powertube UL certification. There is also the factor that buying a R&M bike also involves a significant delay since the model has to be made in Germany. I just made 60 and recently retired and want to enjoy my first ebike at least this summer and fall.
Would you recommend I order the R&M bike and have it delivered to my home without visiting the dealer? I did travel to Minneapolis in August 2017 and rode a few R&M bikes and was thoroughly impressed with their build and ride quality. However the shop in MN is no longer a listed R&M dealer. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

...I am nearly a 12 hour drive from the nearest R&M dealer. The nearest Bulls dealer is only about an 1&1/2 hour drive. So I'm comparing a day trip vs a 3 day excursion with the commensurate gas and lodging expenses...
Would you recommend I order the R&M bike and have it delivered to my home without visiting the dealer? I did travel to Minneapolis in August 2017 and rode a few R&M bikes and was thoroughly impressed with their build and ride quality. However the shop in MN is no longer a listed R&M dealer. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately I can't provide much advice because I have no experience with Bulls nor do I have experience with full suspension bikes. It could be a superb bike easily competitive with the R&M in which case I would say you might want to stay with the almost local Bulls dealer.

I do own the R&M Charger with the Nuvinci (28 mph bike). In the Detroit area, when I started shopping there was very little in the way of e-bike inventory available for test riding (still pretty much the case). After trying a bunch of bikes at an e-bike expo in Wash D.C. (not including Bulls or R&M) I opted to order the R&M as I knew the Bosch system and style of bike would meet my needs. I trusted in the R&M reputation. I ordered from Propel in Brooklyn but when it arrived from Germany I flew to Brooklyn to try it out (ensure the sizing and that I liked the bike). For me, ordering from a distant dealer (Propel) has worked out well for two reasons: 1). Propel is a good/honest outfit and is customer service focused - so everything with the sale and shipping was as-promised and they have been responsive to my follow-up questions; 2). I have an LBS that is mostly a Trek shop but which is Bosch certified - they are really receptive to servicing bikes that were not purchased from them and in fact they carry a large banner on the front of their store that says "we service all makes and models". So while sometimes it is a lottery there as to whether you'll get a tech with little or much experience, I know I have service available and they can figure out most issues. I suppose if I had a warranty issue with the R&M (and not the Bosch system) I might have to go through Propel but I am confident they would be helpful. Since I am a very bad bike mechanic, having an LBS nearby that is happy to service bikes they didn't sell took a lot of the risk out of my transaction.

In your case: Have you talked to the Bulls dealer and did they say they might get some demo bikes in soon? Again I think the bike will be available soon because Court showed it in his recent Urban Evo video. And I'd expect Court's review on the TR Street to hit this website any day now. So maybe the Bulls would be the way to go because you have a dealer fairly close. Of course the ideal is that you can try both bikes but I understand that will require some waiting and some logistical and perhaps expense issues. If you decide to have a bike shipped to you and if you aren't a great mechanic then I'd try to be sure that you have an LBS available that can provide basic bike service (wheel truing, brake bleeding etc). And for Bosch service, you'll have to go through a Bosch dealer regardless of where you buy. I would imagine that in the Chicago area it shouldn't be a problem to find a Bosch servicer. Some folks on this forum have said that some dealers will charge for firmware updates and such. I haven't had to perform service on the Bosch system yet so I can't speak to this.

As for the Nuvinci, I've expressed my opinion in my thread about the Charger. It isn't a bad system and it is working for me but when/if I replace my R&M, I won't select the Nuvinci system. I have mostly flat terrain for my commute and the Nuvinci doesn't quite have the gear range to allow me to cruise under that 28 mph cut-off comfortably. I can cruise maybe at about 23 mph but at that speed I'm spinning pretty fast. I have hit 26-28 mph in short bursts but I'm really spinning and working hard. I have only once surpassed 28 mph on a flat and that was with good pavement and a strong tailwind. I can't help but having the feeling, when I am at the end of the gear range and cruising on a flat, that I am just lacking one more gear. For most of my commute, the top speed isn't so relevant because I have a lot of start/stop city riding. But for the couple of stretches I have where I can do some cruising, I would really like an "extra gear". The system has been reliable so far and as I've learned to use the Bosch assist levels like gears (mostly Eco to Tour sometimes to Sport) then I find I don't have to worry about changing gears that much. This contrasts to my Haibike with derailleur where I'm shifting all the time.

Thanks for the info. I really want a Riiese &Muller (R&M) ebike with the Nuvinci hub & the carbon belt(Charger or Delite)! Why? I already own a Trek Single Speed with a carbon belt. The lack of constant maintenance required when compared to a chain and derailleur has been a godsend. However I am concerned because the ability to cruise comfortably between 25-28mph seems to be limited. I am a power rider who prefers spin at a moderate 60-80rpm in a higher/harder gear. The bike I buy, if it is a R&M, will have two batteries. I also don't plan to use it for commuting either. What I want most is a recreational, fun, fast, ride that will easily provide the opportunity to go off the designated bike path or road. With two batteries I plan to not be limited by distance and/or concern about the mode I'm in - be it Sport or Turbo! Even, if I buy the Bulls EVO TR Street, I plan purchase an extra battery.
The final factor will be test rides of both bikes. Hopefully the Nuvinci will have a larger gear range. Listening to Court very closely has caused me to infer that 28mph Speed Pedelcs from Bosch probably should have the 22 teeth front sprocket to counteract the decrease in torque, 75-60.
PS: There is a local Trek dealer within five minutes of my home that I trust to provide any services necessary. The shop sells Trek. Bosch, ebikes also, so I am not worried

...I really want a Riiese &Muller (R&M) ebike with the Nuvinci hub & the carbon belt(Charger or Delite)! Why? I already own a Trek Single Speed with a carbon belt...

I'm with you on the belt drive. My human powered bike is a Spot Champa (belt drive) with an Alfine 8. I wish that is an option R&M offered as an alternative to the Nuvinci - a belt with an Alfine 8 or 11.

Back