Idea rescinded nothing to see.

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
Sadly shipping has gotten ridiculously expensive. Small orders get blown off once we see the shipping price. How about a group buy? No dealer can charge less than MSRP but we can group order and ship many items for less than $5.
Paypal users are protected. Thoughts?

Last edited:
An interesting idea. How would it work? A central drop point maybe, where the items can be picked up locally?

I REALLY like Grin, and have purchased "stuff" from them on several occasions. Any more though, I'll check to see if I can source the part elsewhere, ordering from Grin only if I have to.

That's disappointing to read postage costs have increased, Grin used Canada Post for the small parts I've bought from them, and I appreciated they arrived quickly and in good shape. I've paid more for shipping parts from EU sellers but in many cases they're the only source.

That’s now near $12.27 to ship an XLR TO ANDERSON, a $13.00 item rises to $25.37. Small items would cost $4 max to reship CONUS. Only because the margin is so low.
I bought this cable for $18 shipped on Amazon. Grin has an Amazon store for some of their products.

Sadly very limited. Every item I’ve ordered in the last two months was not in their Amazon store. I count 15 products. No XLR to ST3 when I needed it.
True. Most of Grin's "specialty" products aren't available on Amazon.

I have a niece who goes to school in Vancouver. She's going to pick up a couple of batteries from Grin and bring them home with her next month. It's an hours drive to her place and back but it's worth it to save the shipping. Besides, I haven't seen her in 6 months so it'll be a nice excuse for a visit.

She graduates this spring so unfortunately, the scheme won't work in the future.

True. Most of Grin's "specialty" products aren't available on Amazon.
I would guess it’s high-volume items that are put up, like Satiator-related. This tells me they will discount for a big enough buy.

It‘s not just Grin in CA, there’s all those products in Germany and the UK. An EBR-based group that buys monthly could have some clout, but the challenge is getting everyone to participate. Or if you need something “right now.”

Back