Howdy

turtleninny

Region
USA
Hi all
Very new to ebikes but was a motorcycle mechanic for a lot of years. I was declared disabled in 2019 and can no longer walk very well. My weight has ballooned and can no longer hold up my Goldwing (sold my Hayabusa). I am in dire need of exercise. I have ordered a ripcurrent s which is set to arrive in a few days. I am a total gear head and will likely be looking to boost power sooner than later. I am aware of the performance controller but it is currently out of stock. Soooooo....I'm lurking reading and learning.

Welcome to the site & the hobby.
My setup includes a high torque low speed geared hub motor, so I can carry 60 lb groceries or ag supplies up the 12% hills out near my summer property. I ride the flats, downhills, and low grades unpowered: unless the headwind is over 12 mph. 25 mph headwind can make my 30 mile commute take 6 hours before I added electricity. The motor is a Mac12t, max speed about 23 mph. Controller is minimum 1000 watts; a 500 would error out with the low winding resistance.
I've lost 58 lb since I quit working 2008. Also 50 points cholesterol and dropped rest pulse from 85 to 65. I do all shopping & errands off the bicycle. (I did borrow a car to haul home a lawnmower). I'm small; tried riding a Harley in 1973 and didn't make it out of the shop.
I do pilates upper body exercises in the winter with a 3 lb weight. I cut up trees and carry the scrap to the gully in a trashcan in the summer, for upper body strength.
Good fortune in achieving your goals.

Last edited:
Back