How to increase stem length on Specialized Turbo Vado?

Rock49911

Region
USA
Any you know about Specialized e-bikes, stem SPACERS? I think they exist, although not positive, and I can’t figure out how to buy them. I don’t have a local bike shop, so gotta do this on my own. I need to increase the stem length and raise my handlebar. Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• 7DD72A4D-FDD4-4470-94D8-EF8B14F99643.jpeg
    7DD72A4D-FDD4-4470-94D8-EF8B14F99643.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 172
I was told you can't by a bike shop - so did not buy one. Then I was told the same about my Orbea, but, in this case my bike shop took it as a challenge and raised and added Jones H bars. I love it now. But, sorry I cannot tell you how they did it.

I would think you would need a stem riser. The spacers won't get you any higher unless you have some extra tube sticking up. Doesn't look like anything from Amazon will work for you. A new fork with a longer steerer tube from Specialized would work, if they exist. Or maybe they have a stem, or handlebars with more rise.

Last edited:
I have just replaced my stem i have a turbo Vado 4.0 SL. I would suggest if you add any more spacers it would be dangerous as the fork stem would not be long enough. The handlebar stem should sit just a 1mm above the top of fork stem.

Back