Hi from Kamloops, British Columbia.

Murrdenn

When my planned six-week bike tour up the Underground Railway from Mobile, Alabama to Niagara Falls, NY was cancelled due to COVID-19, I decided to use the tour refund to purchase an ebike. I found that although I can still climb the many hills in my area, it’s not as much fun as it used to be. So, after consulting with my fave bike shop, I’m now the proud owner of a Giant Explore E+ 2 STA, and I love it. I still ride my acoustic carbon for longer rides, but the touring bike has been put away, and the ebike is now my “errand” ride.

When my planned six-week bike tour up the Underground Railway from Mobile, Alabama to Niagara Falls, NY was cancelled due to COVID-19, I decided to use the tour refund to purchase an ebike. I found that although I can still climb the many hills in my area, it’s not as much fun as it used to be. So, after consulting with my fave bike shop, I’m now the proud owner of a Giant Explore E+ 2 STA, and I love it. I still ride my acoustic carbon for longer rides, but the touring bike has been put away, and the ebike is now my “errand” ride.

Kamloops, eh....I passed through there on the Rocky Mountaineer train. Everything was pretty flat on the train route, because that is what trains need! I just added an ebike kit to my recumbent...wow...what a ride now. I used to ride it with the full fairing on it, but the hills here are 800 foot climbs and I have to walk them without the e assist!
FFEF245B-85B5-4520-A929-730654D2FE78.jpeg

I feel the same way about my Explore. It goes everywhere and for everything. I keep looking at my Revolt (Giant) and Awol Elite (Specialized) and think..."I'll ride them this weekend"...but it just doesn't work out that way. Way too much fun on the Explore. And I don't think I will ever ride another machine without a front suspension.

They're great bikes, one of the underrated gems of the segment. Properly tyred up mine is just as happy on rolling gravel bush paths as it is doing the all weather daily work commute. Rock solid reliability thus far too.

I bought mine around the same time as the OP and it's stood up to daily abuse since.

Kamloops, eh....I passed through there on the Rocky Mountaineer train. Everything was pretty flat on the train route, because that is what trains need! I just added an ebike kit to my recumbent...wow...what a ride now. I used to ride it with the full fairing on it, but the hills here are 800 foot climbs and I have to walk them without the e assist!View attachment 50935
Hello,
Just a question. I see that the center of gravity is much lower on the recumbents. I hear they are more stable. Did you notice much difference when you installed the battery?

They're great bikes, one of the underrated gems of the segment. Properly tyred up mine is just as happy on rolling gravel bush paths as it is doing the all weather daily work commute. Rock solid reliability thus far too.

I bought mine around the same time as the OP and it's stood up to daily abuse since.
Hey gang,
A question for someone out there... I just got notified of another update for the Giant software for my phone. When I tried to download, the text said it should take about 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later the little cyclist character was still scrolling across the screen and there was zero percent completion. Finally, the bike shut off (as expected). My wifi is active. Anyone seen this? Is this really going to ever finish? Does it really take hours? Guidance, anyone? I can't tell you the version number since it never gets loaded. My thoughts go sour over the software/firmware issues and I am reminded of something someone said. "If its not right then its wrong. It's not in need of tweaking, rebooting, fine tuning, reconfiguring or a beta version. Its just wrong." Thanks, Alvin

Back