Help with Set button

Dan Brandon

Hi, new member here, and just got a new Magnum Peak. I really like it and I've a lot to learn. Found his forum and looking forward to learning and helping.

I am having trouble getting into the set mode on my Magnum Peak. Says to hold down set button for two seconds but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Want to change from kilometers to mph. Appreciate any help.

I'm with you
Bought my Peak a month ago and they told me they don't even have a manual for it. To use the Mi5 Manual - which doesn't cover that topic either...

On some lcd screens you have to hold down two buttons to change settings. Like the up button and set at the same time. Just a suggestion, no idea at all with your bike.

Hey thanks guys for writing back. I finally did get the info I needed to get into the Set feature. It's like Hugh said, it's two butt0ns. Hold down the + and - button together for a few seconds and the screen will display four digits, all 8888s in the lower left hand corner. Set each one at a time to 8306 and push the Set button and your in. It's a passcode. Also found out that the passcode cannot be changed.

There is also a video on YouTube that shows everything and how to do it. I just can't remember the name of the video right now but I have it at work tomorrow. Changed my kph to mph and I'm also going to play around with Normal and Eco power settings now. Try this and it should work . Good luck and let me know.

I have not been able to change the power setting from Power to Normal or to Eco. They switch on the display, but the Power setting returns. Not sure what's going on there. Looks like it should change. Guess I'll call Cory at Magnum and ask him. I'd like to try a lower power setting. Just doesn't seem like the settings would be there if they aren't usable. We'll see.

I have not been able to change the power setting from Power to Normal or to Eco. They switch on the display, but the Power setting returns. Not sure what's going on there. Looks like it should change. Guess I'll call Cory at Magnum and ask him. I'd like to try a lower power setting. Just doesn't seem like the settings would be there if they aren't usable. We'll see.

I have the Magnum Metro with the same C6 display. I think what is happening is that they have overloaded the function of word "Power" on the screen. When in settings mode, you see Power, Normal, and Eco with a check box next to each. Once you select any of them, the next time you go into settings, you should see that it is still selected (i.e. the selection is being registered). However, when you exit, the settings mode and are using the display, that section of the display is showing a vertical bar chart representing how much power the motor is applying and they are using the same "Power" as a label for that section. Not very a very intuitive UI choice. Also, I also find it an odd choice to prevent Power/Normal/Eco from being changed without going into a password protected settings mode. That said, I find the overall bike to be outstanding aside from these UI oddities.

Last edited:
Back