Hello everyone Steve from Ontario Canada. I just picked up a Gio Ebike

evest

Region
Canada
Hello everyone Steve from Ontario Canada. I just picked up a 500w Gio PB710 Ebike. I want to swap out the SLA batteries for a LIFEP04 Lithium iron phosphate battery bank. The question I have is my controller is 48v 17ah 60a and the SLA batteries are 4 @ 12v x14ah my new battery is 51.2v 19ah 60a would my controller be ok or do I have to swap that out too? I know that I will have to get a new charger to charge the ne battery.. Thanks in advance Steve

@evest

Welcome to the forum.
Your original controller should be able to handle the voltage, usually the caps are rated for 60 volts in these having said that I would look for a new one with better specs.
I have updated my batteries in my Motorino with 52volt pack and left the original 48v controller, so far no problems however I do have a spare controller just in case.

@evest

Welcome to the forum.
Your original controller should be able to handle the voltage, usually the caps are rated for 60 volts in these having said that I would look for a new one with better specs.
I have updated my batteries in my Motorino with 52volt pack and left the original 48v controller, so far no problems however I do have a spare controller just in case.
Awesome thank you from what I can see the controllers are pretty cheap I could always pick up a better one. So I would be looking for one that is higher voltage or higher amps?

Voltage for sure, amps that will depend on what your motor is designed to handle, you do not want to feed 2000 wats to it if it's designed to handle only 500. Have a look at the original and go from there.

Back