Haibike Xduro goes Full Carbon and Alloy wheels

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Probably one of the sexiest looking speed pedelecs.
How to differentiate pedelec Vs Speed-pedelec ?
The BOSCH logo on the drive system = grey= pedelec.
The BOSCH logo on the drive system = red = speeeeeed-pedelec.

http://www.ebike-mtb.com/exklusiv-haibike-praesentiert-erstes-carbon-fully-e-mountainbike/

Haibike - Full Carbon.png

Enjoy :)

Basically: Full carbon bike that will be available in 2015 in 3 different versions. They seem to claim that XDURO FullCarbon ULTIMATE is the first ever bike with mid drive that is fully carbon. (not sure if true). They say the full frame, rear fork and front fork will be all carbon with the help of some kind of 'Monocoque' build process. Probably some kind of vacuum bagged layup ... I'm not an expert in this. They go on to say the motor will be integrated with the carbon frame in precise and durable fashion and integrated with a skid plate. The skid plate will be also made of Carbon. Then they seem to say the three versions will be full suspension, front suspension and the third one I coulnd not understand what they mean by angular frame in this phrase: kantige Profilierung des Rahmens. (my limited German) .

Apparently the display computer will be able to do the usual mode changes and give speed statistics but also will have GPS functions as well as ability to connect via bluetooth to a heart monitor.

In addition to the 3 versions they will each be available in 3 sizes : 40, 45 und 50cm

The rest of the language going into Brand names of the components you can probably pick out... hydraulic brakes etc...

Looks sharp! I hope I get a chance to ride it at Eurobike :) I'm excited to see what's to come from Haibike the quality of their stuff is top notch.

Basically: Full carbon bike that will be available in 2015 in 3 different versions. They seem to claim that XDURO FullCarbon ULTIMATE is the first ever bike with mid drive that is fully carbon. (not sure if true). They say the full frame, rear fork and front fork will be all carbon with the help of some kind of 'Monocoque' build process. Probably some kind of vacuum bagged layup ... I'm not an expert in this. They go on to say the motor will be integrated with the carbon frame in precise and durable fashion and integrated with a skid plate. The skid plate will be also made of Carbon. Then they seem to say the three versions will be full suspension, front suspension and the third one I coulnd not understand what they mean by angular frame in this phrase: kantige Profilierung des Rahmens. (my limited German) .

Apparently the display computer will be able to do the usual mode changes and give speed statistics but also will have GPS functions as well as ability to connect via bluetooth to a heart monitor.

In addition to the 3 versions they will each be available in 3 sizes : 40, 45 und 50cm

The rest of the language going into Brand names of the components you can probably pick out... hydraulic brakes etc...

Thanks Brambor... Went to the Haibike website and it appears they are using the Yamaha system.

Thanks Brambor... Went to the Haibike website and it appears they are using the Yamaha system.
Yes they are in their Sduro series. But don't anyone get your hopes up with that system just yet. It most likely won't be here for at least another year. Yamaha will need to get there system to meet the US regs first. I should get to ride it next month though and I'll be sure to give a full report. It looks pretty sharp though and the specs are promising.

Back