Haibike FS RX - Details video

Shea N Encinitas

Just some details shots of the Haibike FS RX, things you don't really see in the review videos. I think the chain is too long, note high gear derailleur position. Grips, pedals & tires upgraded to my specs. Note the 250 watt, 20 mph label,.. hhmmn I could swear that it is a 350 watt motor. ;)

BTW - Had a dog chasing a bird run into the street today, lucky for him I was not on fading mechanical disc brakes! Haibike with beelines came to a quick stop, impressive sound, stayed straight. A dog was kinda on my near death bucket list, the only thing I had not encountered yet. BTW - That is me on guitar.

-Shea

So the FS RX is ur main ride now ? How's the battery capacity and power of the "350" vs the 500 of ur dash compair in the overall riding and commute if ur commuting with it ?

Yes the Dash is stuffed in the corner for now, pend sale how ever long that may take. The Bosch system is very good at encouraging efficiency and can go just a bit further than the estimated range on the display. I did a high power loop of 25 miles with it yesterday, got my doors blown by a fast (37 mph) peloton of 40 riders coming downhill, then caught them on the flats, dusted them on the up hills. There is not exactly a direct correlation between the 500 VS 350 watts due to the reduction gears, but the 36 VS 48 volts does make a small difference, trims me back a tad which I am happy to give up for the stability and hydro braking of the Haibike, plus it is such a nice looking machine and my first full suspension MTB. The battery charges much faster too giving me second rides. I'll just reiterate here that I can picture the day when I have trashed the Bosch motor and replaced it with a custom 750 watt mid-drive, perhaps a bit more battery too. -S

Did it concern you at all that is says 250 watts instead of 350?
No, Larry Pizza confirmed it's prowess, and extra toppings in a recent video. -S

1024px-Kartoffel_pizza_%28with_border%29.jpg

Back