Haibike eQ Xduro Cross

EddieJ

After a surprisingly low offer was accepted, I now own a new old stock 2013 Haibike eQ Xduro Cross.

I have to wait for it to be delivered from Germany, but the estimated delivery is 4-6 days. :)

The bike will be used for commuting duties and very light cycle paths, and whilst I would have looked at another bike from the BH range, I just couldn't risk it given the very poor service that we get from BH UK.

Obviously I can't post up a review yet, but hopefully that won't be too long happening. :)

https://www.haibike.com/de/de

haibike-eq-xduro-cross-electric-bike.jpg

haibike-eq-xduro-cross-ebike-description.jpg haibike-eq-xduro-cross-specifications.jpg haibike-eq-xduro-cross-frame-sizes-geometry.jpg

That's awesome Eddie! Wicked fast delivery too, which makes it easier.
Sweet lookin ride!

Congratulations Eddie! :) I am wondering what does it cost to ship a bike from Germany to the US ? Thanks.

Sweet bike Eddie, I love the looks of the Haibike, one of the best looking out there. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Bosch drive. Also heard there is a dongle add on to increase speed that takes minutes to install. Very nice, keep us up to date!

Thanks. :)

Edit... You beat me to it Dave. One advantage of buying a bike with a Bosch system is that there are companies making devices such as the following, to speed things up. :) http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/blog/post/how-to-de-restrict-a-bosch-electric-bike/

Brambor, certainly the savings to be had by buying in Germany compared with the UK are massive, and the German dealers all seem very on the ball when it comes to offering advice (in English) I'll try and piece together a few German bike selling companies that might be able to help you.

Last edited:
Very sleek, great looking bike.
Congratulations Eddie. A wonderful bike now belongs to a deserving owner.
Let us know your thoughts on the mid drive system.

Great Bike Eddie! Congrats on your purchase. I'm excited to hear your feedback as we are big fans of Haibike. We can't wait to get ours this spring.

hi Eddie, yes please give me some German companies who could ship to the US, if you know. Thanks.

Brambor - I would be cautious about importing bikes from overseas as you might run into trouble when you need service or parts. Shipping a battery could run several hundred dollars due to UN restirctions. There are many companies in the US that will be selling German bikes if that's what you're looking for. I can provide you details if you'd like.

I am definitely open to receive information. Please fill me in. My two top choices are Stromer and Grace right now and I am located in Maine where we have exactly ZERO dealers in ebikes.

We're a Stromer dealer and we'll be adding Grace as soon as they're available. They're just working out distribution right now. I hope they're here by the Spring. I can keep you posted if you'd like.

Very exciting! This looks like a sweet ebike Eddie and I can't wait for your expert impressions and mods :D

That's a very good point in relation to the shipping of batteries. I'd forgotten about that one, which is stupid as I was only reading about it a few days ago.

I'll try to find the link again, and post the details.

Court, I also looked at the Trekking model, which on paper would have been the perfect commuting bike, but it's 3kg heavier than the Cross.

The component spec on Haibikes appears to be very good. I'd have liked lighter weight front forks, but my search for this hasn't currently got me very far.

I think I saw the new Haibike Trekking model at Interbike this past year. It's funny that they are recycling the name from the old IZIP Trekking Enlightened bike. Want to set the record straight here, far from the same thing! The Haibike looks pretty sweet, good call on going as light as possible, at least until you start giving up comfort ;)

Currie was on the fence about bringing the Trekking in, but after the great response at Interbike they decided to import it. These style bikes are great for ebikes as they are so versatile. You can use them to commute to work, but still hit some mild trails. We'll be bringing in some trekking bikes from Focus and Kalkoff as well. We're super excited about all of the German bikes hitting the market this year.

It was a close call right up to end about the Kalkoff BS10, but being an 'S' pedelec, I just had a few too many concerns in relation to ever having an accident on it and any potential legal implications that would follow. I recently nearly had a head on crash with a female rider on a cycle way who wasn't watching where she was going. Had I been on an S pedelec and hit her, irrelevant of who's fault the accident might have been, I'd be in big trouble. At least with a dongle should I fit one, they are discreet and can be unplugged.

I happen to really lie the Kalkhoff brand, and Focus look a good spec too. I was adding up some of the component prices of the Haibike yesterday, and felt pleased that they don't skimp on quality to product price. :)

Thanks Eddie, I'm totally with you on the liability thing. In the US it's not as much of concern since the Speed Pedelec is still within the law. Have you experimented with the Dongle yet? Seems like Badassebikes and Maintronic SX2 are the two main ones.

Back