Grips for Explore?

pmcdonald

My 2020 Explore came with those cork Ergon style grips (see image). They're fine but a little small for my big paws to rest comfortably. I've made do for the last 3 years of ownership. I'm super happy with the bike still and plan on keeping it as long as it'll run so I figure I should get around to finding some more comfortable grips.

The issue is the stock grips have a sleeve that slots under the motor control panel on the left side bar, so a replacement needs a similar sleeved design. The controller locks over the grip.

My Ergon GP-something grips from my old ebike were super comfortable but not compatible. My stock mtb grips were as they had removable lock on clamps but just aren't comfortable for sustained commuting. Anyone had any luck with anything else?

IMG_20230701_093058.jpg

Isn't the sleeve removable from the grip?
Hi Stefan, a good question from your engineers brain. The sleeves appear to be glued to the grips in my case - I've certainly tried prising them off. I could remove them but it would involve cutting the grips off, completely destroying them. I'm not quite prepared to go there until I find alternate grips I'm happy with (the stock ones get the job done, after all).

Back