Great American rail trail

Jar Head

Region
USA
City
Pennsylvania
Iv been ebiking for about1yr .I have Rip Current S 52 volt system. In process of upgrading bike so I can actually travel with it. I just purchased 2new 20 amp/hr 52volt batteries that im going to run in paralle. I have a 3rd on the way. This will give me a combined watts of over 3000 .I live in pa.vary hilly nothing flat for long.@ 30 mph Cruz 52volt 20 amp/ hr. Lot's of big hills 40 miles 1battery 3in parallel theoretically 120miles hills and all.flat.180miles. will test when all compleat. DREAM ride grate American rail trail.wife will only allow 1month away. Start pa to as far as I can go in 1 month 😎It would be grate to get a small group together to do this any one interested let get it started👍

Oh I might be either this or Great Divide Mountain Bike route. I am in North East Ohio and have my bike set up for long distance unsupported travel.
IMG_2120.JPG

Nice that's awesome bro. That's the same cart I'm looking at right now.trying to figure how to attach to bike.I have rear hub.cant attach to axel.thinking clamp to rear bike rack as close to Axel as possible.Well God's speed and safe travels.You are living the dream I applaud you brother.keep on keeping on.post more pic.when you get a chance .

My trailer is the QuietKat trailer but it's highly modified. It was lowered 2.5 inches and the hitch is full ball bearing. The center of gravity was too high for good bike handling. I still have pretty good clearance but I can double the load now and have better handling. I can modify anything you would need for a axle mount.

You can find much information at CrazyGuyOnABike here:

You can read my postings in the E bike section here:

I assume you cannot reply till tomorrow

Live in pa .do you do costom work.on ebike. I ride fat bike 750watt rear hub motor .on The right side of axel not sinks deeper in than edge of drop out .so if I put on inside of nut it would stop it from seating properly. I Will impervise . Could use ideas.thanks for info.

This is what stops me from attaching to Axel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_172051552.jpg
    IMG_20210817_172051552.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20210817_172024669.jpg
    IMG_20210817_172024669.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 232
You make an attachment that bolts on where the three cap screws are that replaces that piece and includes the hitch.

You also have enough axle showing to make something off from that

Best kept low from your lowering mod. I Will definitely check out.do you have pic of hitch modification.would help can't pitcure it.thanks again for help brother much appreciated. 👍

Best kept low from your lowering mod. I Will definitely check out.do you have pic of hitch modification.would help can't pitcure it.thanks again for help brother much appreciated. 👍

IMG_1993.JPGIMG_2503.JPG
Above is the old hitch and the new hitch and goes on the same 8mm pin.
Next is the shock/rear wheel mount change to a longer piece to drop the bed down. IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1899 (1).JPG
Front lower yoke lengthening.

Live in pa .do you do costom work.on ebike. I ride fat bike 750watt rear hub motor .on The right side of axel not sinks deeper in than edge of drop out .so if I put on inside of nut it would stop it from seating properly. I Will impervise . Could use ideas.thanks for info.
I would do custom work on an e bike to gain a long distance e bike touring buddy. They are as rare as hens teeth. I can engineer and build just about anything you could think up.

My next trip will probably be late September where I will do most of the Buckeye Trail Bicycle Route
https//bikepacking.com/routes/buckeye-trail-bicycle-route/

Thank you for the pictures on customizing cart .Gave me some good ideas.much appreciated sincerely Don.

Iv been ebiking for about1yr .I have Rip Current S 52 volt system. In process of upgrading bike so I can actually travel with it. I just purchased 2new 20 amp/hr 52volt batteries that im going to run in paralle. I have a 3rd on the way. This will give me a combined watts of over 3000 .I live in pa.vary hilly nothing flat for long.@ 30 mph Cruz 52volt 20 amp/ hr. Lot's of big hills 40 miles 1battery 3in parallel theoretically 120miles hills and all.flat.180miles. will test when all compleat. DREAM ride grate American rail trail.wife will only allow 1month away. Start pa to as far as I can go in 1 month 😎It would be grate to get a small group together to do this any one interested let get it started👍
You could probably get to Omaha westbound and obviously eastbound fit DC and back very comfortably with time to spare.

Probably not worth trying to get to the Cowboy Trail in NE - four trestles are out with no plans to replace.

There's not much actual trail available west of Nebraska save WA and ID. However, a very recent fire has knocked out another part of the Palouse to Cascades trail in WA after Beverly, and a terrible accident that killed a contractor has delayed completion of the Beverly Bridge again to end of the year instead of mid-Sept. You could send your stuff out to Seattle to do WA-ID-MT but I'm not sure it's worth it. Plus, it's dropping into the 40s on the MT portion of the GART.

I'd go with the tried and true DC-PGH-Canal Fulton, then decide if you want to continue west or ride home to round out your time off.

Back