Glad to be here

Ofey

Region
USA
New e-bike owner, and I'm glad to be part of the club!

My wife and I have been riding for some years, but we tend to ride on flat trails because hills can be exhausting for us. We also are reluctant to ride in the wind, and we have been limiting our distance. If you go out 10 miles you have to come back, and we have gotten in over our heads a few times.

Made the jump to e-bikes recently and it's been very rewarding. Already stretching out our distance, and tackling hillier terrain.

BTW, I got a Trek Verve+1 Lowstep LT, and my wife got a Trek FX+2 Stagger. Really nicely made rides.

Welcome aboard! Busting barriers to riding — that's what ebikes do best.

If you get a chance, post some photos of your bikes or the places you ride. My 3 favorite forum threads are the ones for sharing ride photos.

Welcome aboard! Busting barriers to riding — that's what ebikes do best.

If you get a chance, post some photos of your bikes or the places you ride. My 3 favorite forum threads are the ones for sharing ride photos.

I'll post some pictures soon.

In the meantime, we love to ride the Katy Trail in Defiance, Missouri. Or Rockwoods Reservation. Sherman Beach is another.

Welcome to the forum.
And yes, you made good choices in your rides.
And yes, we all relish the added distance ebikes can provoke.

No hill is too high.
No road is too long.
No wind is too strong.
You are on an ebike!
(my moniker)

Ride long, ride strong. Enjoy!

p.s. I have purchased 8 Treks in the past 4 years. 2 for grandgirls, 5 ebikes for my wife and me (we domicile 2 in AZ and 2 in Wisconsin plus one more for me). Well over 20K miles combined on our e-bikes. General maintenance, yes, but Treks never fail us. Photo is after today’s ride on my Allant 7s.

. IMG_0969.jpeg

Last edited:
Back