Giant 2020 Explore E+ Lowest Gear/Derailleur failure

John, Can you please point me to some info on freewheel vc cassette or maybe you can explain it for me. This is one of those 'dark' areas of bikeology that I don't understand. Thanks.
Not off hand other than personal experience. I´ve had a number of cassettes disintegrate on me. That´s never happened with a freewheel.

it depends on the cassette. mine is riveted together. I was used them coming apart.
No offense dude But a riveted cassette would cause major issues . Things warp > It would put to my stress on the Chainring . I agree with Steve a Pic would be helpful. I've taken 500 cassettes off if I've take one. Neever seen a riveted cassette. I you sure it just does look that way

John, Can you please point me to some info on freewheel vc cassette or maybe you can explain it for me. This is one of those 'dark' areas of bikeology that I don't understand. Thanks.
A freewheel is just the way it mounts : Here's a simple video that would explain better by seeing pictures then typing it all out There's one from Park tool as well. Which will show in the sidebar on Youtube when you look at the link below thru Youtube It's kinda hard to tell which setup without taking it apart . Both systems require a specific tool

" I was going uphill in a medium gear and encountered a steep incline on loose gravel. I was under full power and tried shifting into the lowest gear as the rear wheel began to spin."

That's the problem right there, regardless of derailleur tuning/hanger integrity.

Back