Gazelle vs Riese & Muller

DavisAK

After much research I've narrowed my preferred choices down to R&M's Nevo3 GT Vario (wife) and Charger 3 GT Vario (husband) or Gazelle's Ultimate T10+ (husband) and C380 Vario Hub (wife).

Planned use is recreational riding on mostly paved roads but definitely some gravel roads as well.

I know there are obvious differences between the T10+ and bikes listed here but does the R&M cost really justify the purchase over these Gazelle bikes?

Welcome your thoughts, thanks.

The Nevo and Charger models use the more powerful Bosch CX motor (85nm) vs the Bosch Performance speed motor (75nm) on the T10+ and Performance line (65nm) on the Gazelle Ultimate C380. You might miss the extra torque if you need to climb very steep hills, but the Gazelle's are great all rounders and being Dutch they use weather-resistant hardware/paint etc.

Hi Dewey,
The Bosch Performance Line Speed motor got a software update in August of this year, increasing the torque from 75 Nm to 85 Nm.​

Hi Dewey, Bosch Performance Line Speed motor got a software update in August of this year, increasing the torque from 75 Nm to 85 Nm.
Great, then its just down to if you can live with a derailleur on the T10+ vs the Enviolo IGH. You could save thousands buying the Gazelle pair.

Hi DavisAK,

I have had the same question myself and I thought I would share my research with you.

Even though both the 4th gen Bosch Performance Speed and Performance CX both offer 85nm, the Speed motor only offers this torque at high speeds, while the CX offers this torque at lower speeds.

Here is a Propel video on this same topic, at about 3:00 in, he talks about CX vs Speed motors. He also touches more on it at 12:30.

In this EBR review of the T10+ (Using performance speed) the reviewer goes uphill, achieving a 7mph in Turbo at 25:20.

Finally, on the Bosch motor website for CX, they mention specifically that “Powerful support up to 20 mph, even on steep hills.”

Hope this helps!

The Nevo and Charger models use the more powerful Bosch CX motor (85nm) vs the Bosch Performance speed motor (75nm) on the T10+ and Performance line (65nm) on the Gazelle Ultimate C380. You might miss the extra torque if you need to climb very steep hills, but the Gazelle's are great all rounders and being Dutch they use weather-resistant hardware/paint etc.
85nm via software upgrade on the Bosch Performance speed motor. I have it on my Gazelle T10+

Back