First issue with my E-Glide ST (Remote lock out)

Mike N.

This morning as I was preparing to get ready to ride I noticed that the front fork was in suspension mode. I thought I forgot to lock out the suspension with the handlebar switch but it was in the locked position. I thought here is the first warranty repair I'm going to need. 1/2 way through my ride where I rest and have a drink, I tried it again and it seemed to be working somewhat. Hmm, I thought.
I came home and checked the Suntour fork manual and it states "If the fork is not locking, the tension of the cable is probably too low. In this case you should increase the cable tension by turning the adjusting screw counter-clockwise. If the cable tension is too high and the fork lock cannot be released, turn the adjustment screw clockwise."
Probably just from constant riding it will need a slight adjustment. I'll try tonight or tomorrow and post my findings. I just wanted to mention it in case someone else has had the same concern.

So there is an adjustment nut right at the handlebar suspension lock out switch. Some minor adjustment and it's working again. One thing I like about E-glide is all the manuals to the different components are right on their web site. They are very transparent and you pretty much have a good understanding of the E-bike even before your purchase it.

Hello again. I'm interested the way you use your suspension fork lockout and in suspension mode. Mine would never lock. I took it apart and put it all back together with no success. Decided I didn't need it in the locked mode so decided not to bother with it, then when taking to Dave he sent me a replacement part overnight. Works fine now and use it when climbing. Any additional thoughts about its use?
With a mixture of pedaling and power, I'm getting at least 40 miles on a charge and I haven't run out of juice yet. Looking forward to meeting Dave at his shop next week.

Hi Roland, I also had problems with the front fork lock out. It work at first but now doesn't seem to lock out. I also disassembled the top and it seems there is nothing you can adjust since it only has a pin or button on the top of the cylinder that is depressed by the switch on the handlebar. I tried to adjust the cable but to no effect. Can I ask you what part Dave sent you? Driving on the city streets I would have it in the lock out position and off road released the lock out. The farthest I've ridden is 38 miles and like you I still had battery left. Thanks.

Dave sent me the replacement handlebar mounted locking mechanism which had the cable attached to it. To release the old cable (I'm talking about the wire cable, not the outer plastic cable) there is a tiny Allen set screw at the side of the round mechanism on top of the fork. Unscrew that with a tiny Allen key to release the cable. You will have to cut the cable end stop off. Then thread the new cable through and tighten. Simple once I figured it out. The replacement part works well. If you call Dave, tell him you're having the same issue as Roland From Sacramento and he'll know what to send you. It's a Suntours part. Hope this helps.

Back