Fat tire trailers

Timpo

Just thought some of the fat bike owners might be interested. :)

Trailerforhunting_4_1800x1800.jpg

ebikehuntingtrailer_3_1800x1800.jpg

I for one would like to have the last one but no way in hell I'm paying for it and then waiting til they decide they have enough to actually make the order then send it to me . Could be a year could be 2 weeks but when I order something they damn well better have it in stock now . Just like Lunas BS , I dont get it . Operating on other peoples money is not cool with me .

I for one would like to have the last one but no way in hell I'm paying for it and then waiting til they decide they have enough to actually make the order then send it to me . Could be a year could be 2 weeks but when I order something they damn well better have it in stock now . Just like Lunas BS , I dont get it . Operating on other peoples money is not cool with me .

Quiet Kat sells that same trailer. Only one I've seen with the pannier rack. Probably get one eventually. Need it to haul the dog around. :) Quiet Kat shows it with a double kickstand however which strikes me as a good idea.

I should add: Hauling a trailer like this is the main reason I'm going with a Bafang motor on any bike I get.

I bought that single wheel trailer today from Quiet Kat . It was on sale for $258 with free shipping .
I also bought another BBSHD for my awd Fattie . I'm leaving the front motor connected and swapping out the rear motor for a hub . The front motor will be used for getting home when and if my mid drive battery dies or I need that extra bit of traction in mud , snow , etc. A twist throttle for the front on the left and a thumb throttle on the right and has two displays . Should be fun . Now to find a dropper that will fit .

I bought that single wheel trailer today from Quiet Kat . It was on sale for $258 with free shipping .
I also bought another BBSHD for my awd Fattie . I'm leaving the front motor connected and swapping out the rear motor for a hub . The front motor will be used for getting home when and if my mid drive battery dies or I need that extra bit of traction in mud , snow , etc. A twist throttle for the front on the left and a thumb throttle on the right and has two displays . Should be fun . Now to find a dropper that will fit .
Well bless your little pea pickin heart !!! And thank goodness EBR has a 'Search Recent Activity' function. I caught your post and ran to my computer and ordered one too!!! WHAT A DEAL !!!

Now all I need is the bike to pull it with. 🤣

I was afraid it would sell out so I yanked the trigger hard and fast . And you're welcome !
What kind of bike are you looking for ?

I was afraid it would sell out so I yanked the trigger hard and fast . And you're welcome !
I've got an unbadged Frey AM 1000 somewhere on the high seas between California and China. I got it through Bolton Ebikes and Kyle Chittock
For hunting?
No. Though I work on a huge ranch and manage lots of hunters here in SW Texas. I don't care to kill things any more. Just no stomach for it. I got the trailer mostly to haul my dog around and this particular trailer also has pannier racks over the rear single fat tire so I can haul a lot of stuff.

I've got an unbadged Frey AM 1000 somewhere on the high seas between California and China. I got it through Bolton Ebikes and Kyle Chittock

No. Though I work on a huge ranch and manage lots of hunters here in SW Texas. I don't care to kill things any more. Just no stomach for it. I got the trailer mostly to haul my dog around and this particular trailer also has pannier racks over the rear single fat tire so I can haul a lot of stuff.
I know how you feel. I used to hunt birds as a kid and one day after blasting a white wing dove out of the sky, something clicked inside of me and I never shot another shot. I think I was about 18...

Quiet Kat must have a new version of this trailer coming out. Cutting this much off the price of a product you have trouble keeping in stock makes no sense. Unless you are about to bring out substantial changes in the product and needed to get rid of all the prior models.

I canceled mine as they told me it wouldnt fit a hub motored bike . They are coming out with one that has a different yoke that bolts to the frame . I have 2 hub motors and a mid drive on my bike , at least I will have when the BBSHD gets here and I dont want to put a thru axle in the back .

I ordered one of these trailers and the trailer that came was different from the Website description. What came is a larger trailer. The Web listed the bed at 14" X 24" and this trailer came as 17' X 27". The larger size is immense and can pack everything. The payload is listed as 100 lb. The trailer is dog snot heavy at 36lb but on an e bike? Okay.

I have a titanium frame that is fantastic to ride but a bit flexible to pull this trailer. The trailer has a high ground clearance and therefore the load is above the axles on the bike and trailer. This makes for a very top heavy load and poor handling on my bike. Loading it was touchy and it really was not acceptable above 50 lbs on my bike. QuietKat bikes are built like tanks and it probably pulls it fine.
What I did was void the warranty and redesign the trailer. I lowered the bed by 2 1/2" and it's an entirely different trailer. I can now acceptably load the trailer to 100lb and pull it fine. It still has enough ground clearance. Here are some before and after pictures. IMG_1832.JPGIMG_1895.JPG

I ordered one of these trailers and the trailer that came was different from the Website description. What came is a larger trailer. The Web listed the bed at 14" X 24" and this trailer came as 17' X 27". The larger size is immense and can pack everything. The payload is listed as 100 lb. The trailer is dog snot heavy at 36lb but on an e bike? Okay.

I have a titanium frame that is fantastic to ride but a bit flexible to pull this trailer. The trailer has a high ground clearance and therefore the load is above the axles on the bike and trailer. This makes for a very top heavy load and poor handling on my bike. Loading it was touchy and it really was not acceptable above 50 lbs on my bike. QuietKat bikes are built like tanks and it probably pulls it fine.
What I did was void the warranty and redesign the trailer. I lowered the bed by 2 1/2" and it's an entirely different trailer. I can now acceptably load the trailer to 100lb and pull it fine. It still has enough ground clearance. Here are some before and after pictures. View attachment 86355View attachment 86356
Please please give us a brief rundown on how you lowered the trailer. I have a heavy Frey bike very much like the Quietkat you mentioned and you are correct about the problems in the trailer's too high center of gravity. 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
Back