Factory Reset on the Mastermind TCD

GuruUno

Saw this, and sharing, (on a Facebook group)

Mastermind TCD goes crazy........
I was out for a ride on my Turbo Vado 5.0 with IGH over the weekend when the bike went loopy. Not sure what I did, but for some reason, the fastest I could go was 6MPH (10KPH). Didn't matter what assist level was selected, nor the cadence specified, the best I could do was 10KPH.
I spent a couple of hours going through the manual and trying different settings with little luck. In the end, I performed a system reboot and that restored full functionality.
Should you find yourself in a similar situation, the reboot procedure on the Mastermind TCD is to hold the + and - buttons for 45 seconds. During this time the TCD will restart twice.
Once complete, the bike worked fine again.
MASTERMIND TCD FACTORY RESET.jpeg

Out of curiosity, what is to be gained from the reset by performing the action as specified if you are the original owner vs. if you are a 2nd owner of the bike?
What type of info is it that is retained that is being reset?

Uh, responding to this......

Mastermind TCD goes crazy........
I was out for a ride on my Turbo Vado 5.0 with IGH over the weekend when the bike went loopy. Not sure what I did, but for some reason, the fastest I could go was 6MPH (10KPH). Didn't matter what assist level was selected, nor the cadence specified, the best I could do was 10KPH.
I spent a couple of hours going through the manual and trying different settings with little luck. In the end, I performed a system reboot and that restored full functionality.

If someone else has this problem, they may find the solution on your post....hope that helps.

Out of curiosity, what is to be gained from the reset by performing the action as specified if you are the original owner vs. if you are a 2nd owner of the bike?
What type of info is it that is retained that is being reset?
All the settings and data screens are restored to the factory defaults but the odometer information is retained as it is the motor property.
Not sure about pairing with the existing devices such as HR.

Back