Eye glasses built in to the helmet

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
Hey Guys & Gals

I am looking for a helmet that has the eye shield built into the helmet, you pull a button down and the glasses are pulled into sight level, covering your eyes,
push up on the button and the eye glass/shield retracts into the front of the helmet etc.

I know about the magnetic type of eye shield, and that's not the one I am looking for.

The one I seen (can't remember where), after the last 2+ weeks of researching on the new E Bike,
is the one I am looking for..it also has several different colors/shading for the eye glasses
Any thoughts or suggestions where this item can be found, would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

Not that I know of,
I have seen this helmet/sun/eye glass combo somewhere,
I can't remember where to so I can obtain the Brand name etc.
Tia,
Don

I have this on one of my motorcycle helmets, look at Caberg and maybe Scorpion helmets but AFAIK they’re all MC full face or modular’s.
Example:

Interesting.....and they're on sale....sort of. Much of their product is 'out of stock'.

Just had a look at their website. Interestingly, no mention made to any safety standards that the helmet is tested to and no mention of MIPS.

In the UK, all bike helmets should be independently tested and carry the CE Mark.

Interesting.....and they're on sale....sort of. Much of their product is 'out of stock'.

the lens would be really expensive if they were not on sale. I do like the idea but wonder if the lens would keep clean? I wants a lens for riding in the rain but it never worked well and at night was really bad with glare.

Thanks All,
It looks like I need to find another brand, as every place I have tried is Sold Out.
I just happen to look at some info I stored, and found out the the helmet I was looking for is called Kalli, and they don't have them in stock either.
Thanks, for all the help.
Don

The Giro Bexley has a retractable eye shield. I just purchased and tried this helmet for a day before returning but only due to size. It was by far the most comfortable, over-the-top, feature packed helmet I've seen and completely overkill for me personally. If you want a retracting eye shield, this is probably the one.

If you get the grey, it's also a reflective material which adds to the safety and ridiculous amount of features. Here are some of my photos showing the reflective grey that I tried out.

PXL_20220126_025132068.MP.jpg

PXL_20220126_025002238.jpg

PXL_20220126_025138742.jpg
PXL_20220126_025027416.jpg

From owning several different brands of motorcycle helmets the words 'wind tunnel designed air scoops' and 'forcing air thru and out' translate to sweat your head off in the summer. As nice as that Giro Bixley helmet looks all I see is HOT in the summer. Having the drop down visor is a nice option to have though. If you keep the right size helmet Shel-Done please give a follow up review. I still see HOT but someone may have figured out helmet vents. No motorcycle helmet manufacturer has yet to get it right!

From owning several different brands of motorcycle helmets the words 'wind tunnel designed air scoops' and 'forcing air thru and out' translate to sweat your head off in the summer. As nice as that Giro Bixley helmet looks all I see is HOT in the summer. Having the drop down visor is a nice option to have though. If you keep the right size helmet Shel-Done please give a follow up review. I still see HOT but someone may have figured out helmet vents. No motorcycle helmet manufacturer has yet to get it right!

I ended up switching back to a more basic Bern helmet with less frills. Heat, weight and overall size of the Giro Bexley are what put me off (external size, it fit my head fine). It's not for everyone and I agree with your assessment, it probably doesn't breathe well enough for summer days when you already put in more sweat during a ride. That said, if you live in a cooler/rainy climate, it comes with the winter ear pads and closeable top vents which is pretty "cool".

I just shared as it seemed like the answer to OP's quest and solve for this post.

I ended up switching back to a more basic Bern helmet with less frills. Heat, weight and overall size of the Giro Bexley are what put me off (external size, it fit my head fine). It's not for everyone and I agree with your assessment, it probably doesn't breathe well enough for summer days when you already put in more sweat during a ride. That said, if you live in a cooler/rainy climate, it comes with the winter ear pads and closeable top vents which is pretty "cool".

I just shared as it seemed like the answer to OP's quest and solve for this post.
ya that thing is ugly. I would love to have the retractable field but it doesn't to look practical.

Back