Electric Motorbike Build

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
Screenshot_20190623-190048_YouTube.jpg
Not an ebike and not claiming to be, hence the placement of this in the off topic sub forum. It is part bike and all electric, but it is a motorcycle. If you like seeing talented people create, you'll enjoy this.

That’s a Made in the Usa 5stars build.

I’m curios why he went with 180rotors. Seems that it is a fast ebike/e moto. Also maybe the tires are a bit too narrow. Torque needs stability theough wide tires. I like the Maxis hookworm on a moto like this.
Tons of great awesome details in this live art emoto creation ! I wish the creator could have gotten maybe some fancier parts/hardware. Well the next project...
But the battery pack is not that big , 65% of it gone in 20miles , not sure how fast he went though. I don’t know anything about those cell packs, have to google and learn it.
This would prob. cost 12-15k since it is a custom build. What a perfection ...speechless really.

There is additional info on his YouTube channel which is full of very informative classes and projects. A master craftsmen!

As a note the emoto power to weight ratio has this numbers: Motor -3k watts, Bike weight 120lb, Peak Torque -85Nm.
Is really all about the weight...

Last edited:
View attachment 34558
Not an ebike and not claiming to be, hence the placement of this in the off topic sub forum. It is part bike and all electric, but it is a motorcycle. If you like seeing talented people create, you'll enjoy this.

It is always a delight to watch skilled people manifest their ideas. Excellent work here.
My only concern is if the plywood would withstand all the stress/fatigue of off-roading? especially at the pivot points and bends. Wood has excellent compressive strength but not enough tensile.

The frame is 60lb, is probably enough wood to withstand lots of potholes and trail jumps if needed. The bike is to heavy imho.

Back