Ebike tour of Puglia, Italy

Last edited:
Looks like they have 5 eBikes to choose from.
Puglia is a great slow paced place to visit.

Heartbreaking about the olive trees, though 😢. More evidence of climate change difficulties, I suppose...

I thought Italy was all about mountains 😊
Is Puglia a flat area?
It was a while ago.... but from what I do remember, more hills than mountains. But then again I spent most of the days with sand under my feet and most of the nights with a sambuca in hand.
1150510_10201956792309719_151090049_o.jpg

Last edited:
It was a while ago.... but from what I do remember, more hills more than mountains. But then again I spent most of the days with sand under my feet and most of the nights with a sambuca in hand.
View attachment 120161
Not riding an e-bike, aye? I have been to Italy for several times. Only mountains and sea there. If anyone wanted to set off for an Italian e-bike trip better it were a good, mountain worthy e-bike :)

Not riding an e-bike, aye? I have been to Italy for several times. Only mountains and sea there. If anyone wanted to set off for an Italian e-bike trip better it were a good, mountain worthy e-bike :)
I've rented non e /non mountain worthy bikes there on some of my many trips and somehow managed to survive... So has the previously mentioned bike rental shop for more than a decade... So I'd guess Italy's landmass is a little more than just mountains.
download.png
Note the area being discussed.

There are mountains in Puglia, but there are areas with rolling hills, too, which wouldn't require an MTB to handle if the mid drive motor were decent 😉. Lived in Napoli for 3 years, and spent a month or so in Italia every year since, until COVID - at this point, ANYTHING Italian sounds like paradise! Not in summer, though - Puglia in summer is a sizzling griddle🔥♨️🔥.

Looks like a lovely tour, and I like the type of accommodations they use. I've just started looking for tours, and it seems too many are "luxury" tours with prices to match. Yet my most memorable trips, especially in Europe, have been with stays in BnB, country inns and farm stays. My most memorable meals have been at local restaurants (and pubs in UK...), far from "fine dining" but far more interesting. If only health would stabilize enough to get away....

Looks like a lovely tour, and I like the type of accommodations they use. I've just started looking for tours, and it seems too many are "luxury" tours with prices to match. Yet my most memorable trips, especially in Europe, have been with stays in BnB, country inns and farm stays. My most memorable meals have been at local restaurants (and pubs in UK...), far from "fine dining" but far more interesting. If only health would stabilize enough to get away....
Yeah I get quite annoyed when one place setting at a restaurant has more silverware then my drawer at home 🙃

Pat, try Tuscany without an e-MTB 😊
Actually, there are several areas in Tuscany that can be ridden without an e-MTB... You just have to know where they are 😉😉😉. Whenever I'm in Lucca for Italian school, I always rent a bike for a day or two - some very nice paved bike/walking trails along the river!

I wish there was more action in this section of the boards. I'd love to find some decent ebike tours, especially ones geared to seniors like myself, but it turns out it's not so easy. Bike tours themselves are easy to find. Some even offer ebike options, but most of them seem to be geared to younger, more energetic types than 70+ seniors with health issues, and most also seem to be geared to folks with trust funds - is $1000/night/couple really a reasonable cost? What about those of us that don't want to stay in luxury inns with spas, massage and onsite gurus?

Am I missing something?

I wish there was more action in this section of the boards. I'd love to find some decent ebike tours, especially ones geared to seniors like myself, but it turns out it's not so easy. Bike tours themselves are easy to find. Some even offer ebike options, but most of them seem to be geared to younger, more energetic types than 70+ seniors with health issues, and most also seem to be geared to folks with trust funds - is $1000/night/couple really a reasonable cost? What about those of us that don't want to stay in luxury inns with spas, massage and onsite gurus?

Am I missing something?
You could probably buy an ebike and ride for as many days as you want and then sell it to one of these tour establishments before leaving at a much more modest loss then $1000/day
Tours in general I find to be a waste as they usually include a few places not worth visiting and on their schedule.

Back