Ebike Snow Plow

Prairie Dog

Region
Canada
City
Red Deer
Taking the proverb, necessity is mother of invention, to a whole new level. 👍

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bike-mounted-snow-plow-1.6693166

philip-marciniak.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a contraption, Levo conversion incoming? 🤣
I have to give him full credit for the time and effort that he put into this project but quite frankly, it wouldn’t work here with our narrow walks and deeper snow. Winter in Saanich is paradise compared to winter on the prairies but snow removal here is of top concern compared to many urban municipalities on the west coast. $50-$60M budgeted in Edmonton/Calgary vs less than $1M for Metro Vancouver. In my home town of 100K it’s around $5M. No thanks but I think I'll stick to shoveling snow from my own property and leave the public sidewalks to the city crews.

I have to put chains on my snowblower to get it to move into the snow we have here, and that's just to get a bite for the auger. Plowing? No way with that rig. But it sure looks cute!
Edit: viewed the video in the link. He got it to plow 2-3 inches of snow. Why bother? And the headline picture is completely misleading...

I have to put chains on my snowblower to get it to move into the snow we have here, and that's just to get a bite for the auger. Plowing? No way with that rig. But it sure looks cute!
Edit: viewed the video in the link. He got it to plow 2-3 inches of snow. Why bother? And the headline picture is completely misleading...
I agree. The snow in the footage looked light and airy compared to what he's was facing in the headline image. I can only assume it might have been done to play up the merits of his bike plow for media interests . Still, I give him a thumbs up for getting it done and promoting his lifestyle. Something tells me that it will all be gone within a week as snow doesn't stick around Saanich/GVR for very long.

Back