eBike side cars?

Tars Tarkas

Is there any such thing? I would think it might work pretty well with the proper setup. Not so much for going up Filbert St in San Francisco, but there would be a lot of practical applications for a decent sized bike, like a Rad Rover.

TT

I don't know if you can get one in North America. I know this company has been around for awhile, I posted a thread on the bike about 5 years ago in other brands.

Screenshot_20201012-215119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Those look great! The Beach Vintage Fat looks like exactly what I'd want! I didn't try real hard but I couldn't find any prices, which probably doesn't matter, because they'd be in Euros and not include shipping. Also, the prices would probably be discouraging.
Well, I found the price and converted it to USD. $4670. But that includes the bike. I'm not sure the side car is available separately.

TT

Those look great! The Beach Vintage Fat looks like exactly what I'd want! I didn't try real hard but I couldn't find any prices, which probably doesn't matter, because they'd be in Euros and not include shipping. Also, the prices would probably be discouraging.
Well, I found the price and converted it to USD. $4670. But that includes the bike. I'm not sure the side car is available separately.

TT
I always thought this was interesting and it was sold at REI and through Thule dealers.

It's been out of production for 9 years. I suspect it didn't make it due to the attachment method. Too many bikes it couldn't work on and it could never work on a mid drive ebike.

There is a company in Scandinavia that sells a sidecar for 1.4€ and up.

These are mostly beautiful side cars. I'd really like to see some for adults, made, or at least available in the US. I may not be clicking enough on the Scandinavia site, but these appear to be for kids or dogs, or golf clubs, kayaks, etc.

TT

Can I assume this is a kit to add to an existing bike? Either right side or left side? It's odd if it only mounts to the left side of a bike. With the sidecar on the left and much of the world driving and riding on the right it puts the rider and bike in a more vulnerable track in most circumstances.

Here are some more

Very cool seeing these 2 Vintage Electric Bikes' Trackers kitted out with beautiful sidecars... Wonder if this is a family affair, 2 adults, 2 kids.
Not sure my smaller-battery capacity V.E.B. Cafe would be as ideal for a sidecar expansion (the Tracker's front suspension would be a nice-have, though!) -- but then, I have nobody to haul in a sidecar anyway... they're just super-cool looking here! A full grocery run for 2 weeks! :)

Very cool seeing these 2 Vintage Electric Bikes' Trackers kitted out with beautiful sidecars... Wonder if this is a family affair, 2 adults, 2 kids.
Not sure my smaller-battery capacity V.E.B. Cafe would be as ideal for a sidecar expansion (the Tracker's front suspension would be a nice-have, though!) -- but then, I have nobody to haul in a sidecar anyway... they're just super-cool looking here! A full grocery run for 2 weeks! :)
I agree the Scandinavian Sidebike featured in those photos complements well the retro aesthetic of Vintage Electric Bikes and its cool they have a sled/sleigh optional kit!

Came across this pair at the beach... :)

View attachment 73530
Good spot @FlatSix911, those look to be Scandinavian Side Bike Sidecar's caught in the wild. I looked into these for sandy beach missions for our little furry friends, and for bigger family-sized grocery hauling...I think it was EUR1,400 or so for the fiberglass, and EUR2,000 for the carbon fiber version, plus options, and shipping from Europe. Also considered the detachable Argo Cargo Bike Kit, at a more affordable USD$1,150. When not in use, both required too much storage/garage space, that ultimately we didn't really have.

Horse Cycles Surfboard/SUP sidecar box was interesting (even if it was a one-off):
064d479898776c4486ba0aee731087aa.jpg

As is KP Cyclery's EUR750 sidecar:

Sidecar-bike-avatar-324x324.jpg
Sidecar-gif.gif

Xtracycle has/or had a smaller fold-down rear rack mounted side car platform for USD$175 (out of stock currently)...not sure I'd trust to be going ebike speeds with any kind of heavy cargo:

3331-xtracycle-sidecar-up-wheel-on-stock.jpg
SideCar.jpg

Good spot @FlatSix911, those look to be Scandinavian Side Bike Sidecar's caught in the wild. I looked into these for sandy beach missions for our little furry friends, and for bigger family-sized grocery hauling...I think it was EUR1,400 or so for the fiberglass, and EUR2,000 for the carbon fiber version, plus options, and shipping from Europe. Also considered the detachable Argo Cargo Bike Kit, at a more affordable USD$1,150. When not in use, both required too much storage/garage space, that ultimately we didn't really have.

Horse Cycles Surfboard/SUP sidecar box was interesting (even if it was a one-off):
View attachment 83439

As is KP Cyclery's EUR750 sidecar: View attachment 83440 View attachment 83441

Xtracycle has/or had a smaller fold-down rear rack mounted side car platform for USD$175 (out of stock currently)...not sure I'd trust to be going ebike speeds with any kind of heavy cargo:
View attachment 83443 View attachment 83444
Very cool designs... I like the KP Cyclery's EUR750 sidecar with the ability to tilt the bike when cornering!

Back