Easy Motion Battery Rebuild

I went and picked up my new battery at lunch time and had a chat with Jake (Sydney Ebikes) and he also said that there is hot glue on the corners of the outer case and these need to be 'smacked' against something but with the right amount of force to break the hot glue but not the case...

He also mentioned that Emax in Alexandria recondition batteries

I'm about to try and fix the battery (as opposed to rebuild) on my 2013 Neo Cross, it's 2 1/2 yrs old and is now cutting out at 3 bars (in sport mode) under load so I figure I have some cells that are failing as if I leave it in normal mode it doesn't cut out.

I've just purchased a new battery and I'm looking for some donor batteries to use the cells to replace the faulty ones in my old one, I'm in Sydney (Chatswood or City) if anyone is interested in donating their old battery

Once I've practiced on mine successfully I'll be happy to do the same for others. (I just need that first donor battery for spares)

@Russnlp to open your battery remove the screws from the bottom but I believe you will need to apply some heat to the top part of the battery as underneath it there is double sided tape and you need the heat to loosen this up (just use a hair dryer but don't get it burning hot), then gently 'peel' the cover off (you'll need to be patient and just feel the double sided tape give way slowly)

Here's what the inside looks like
Thank you
I'm about to try and fix the battery (as opposed to rebuild) on my 2013 Neo Cross, it's 2 1/2 yrs old and is now cutting out at 3 bars (in sport mode) under load so I figure I have some cells that are failing as if I leave it in normal mode it doesn't cut out.

I've just purchased a new battery and I'm looking for some donor batteries to use the cells to replace the faulty ones in my old one, I'm in Sydney (Chatswood or City) if anyone is interested in donating their old battery

Once I've practiced on mine successfully I'll be happy to do the same for others. (I just need that first donor battery for spares)

@Russnlp to open your battery remove the screws from the bottom but I believe you will need to apply some heat to the top part of the battery as underneath it there is double sided tape and you need the heat to loosen this up (just use a hair dryer but don't get it burning hot), then gently 'peel' the cover off (you'll need to be patient and just feel the double sided tape give way slowly)

Thank you great photos. Would have been helpful if I had waited to see this before I opened mine. The hair drier would have made it a lot easier to loosen the 2 sided tape. As it was I held it upside down (Not a good idea!) and gradually forced it open. Because I held it upside down (don't do that!) the battery rack came away from the base and broke the small blue and purple wires from the central circuit board. Fortunately with a bit of detective work and dumb luck I soldered the broken wires back in the right place and it now works again.

There were so many fine wires and at least 2 circuit boards. I don't have a spot welder and it looked difficult to remove the cells from the carriage without damage to the boards so I decided to put it back together and see how much longer I can get out of the battery by charging it at work as well as at home.

The good news is that the cells look like standard 18650 lithium batteries that can be bought cheaply on ebay.
Because the 18650 cells are fairly cheap it would be worth replacing ALL the cells. That's because all the cells have had the same amount of use, so when one cell dies the rest will not be far behind.

I have looked into it and have asked few people around.
But they all wanted a donor battery to do the initial testing. Shipping batteries with Hazmat restrictions takes a bit of paperwork.
If you can't find any rebuilder, I will be happy to help you and ship one from the US warehouse.
Ravi,
I do want to add another battery for my NeoJumper, 2014 26".
I am not sure how to contact you?

Mike, Colorado

FTH power in CA does a full rebuild of a 600wh pack for 300$. Compare that to ebikemarketplace which is 600$ !

There’s a 36v 16.8ah Apms on ebay now for 495$.
But a rebuild can be much cheaper.
go to an electronics/tv repair place, call around...i’m sure someonehas a spot welder and can do it.If you buy the cells is only 150-175$ for all cells.

There’s a 36v 16.8ah Apms on ebay now for 495$.
But a rebuild can be much cheaper.
go to an electronics/tv repair place, call around...i’m sure someonehas a spot welder and can do it.If you buy the cells is only 150-175$ for all cells.
Wauu. Does this mean that you can upgrade an old 9 or 12 aH Neo battery to 16,8. That would be cool. Can you send a link to the ebay battery.

Back