Easiest Rolling Tire For My Vado 3.0

Extreme1

My wife and I each have Vados and love them. We’ve started doing some longer organized rides where we need to be efficient with the battery by turning the power on and off during the ride to get the most mileage.

A couple weeks ago someone on here mentioned getting rid of the tiny knobby tires that came on the bikes, and getting an easier rolling smooth tire. Anyone know the name of them? I can’t find my earlier post.

Hi Stefan, they are 700 x 47c. There isn’t much room inside the fenders for larger tires, so I’ll probably need the same size or smaller. Also, what does the “c” mean?

That "47" is the width of the tire in mm, so those tires are just short of two inches wide.

Hi Stefan, they are 700 x 47c. There isn’t much room inside the fenders for larger tires, so I’ll probably need the same size or smaller. Also, what does the “c” mean?
Depends on your intended road conditions, but going to smoother tires can make a big difference in reducing your rolling resistance (making pedaling easier). My favorite site for tire comparisons, and an example of a possible better option for you is:

@Extreme1: 700x47c is 28x1.85". "c" is added in the French tire size system and has no practical meaning.

I ride a Vado 6.0. It has the same frame and the same wheels as your Vado 3.0, and it also has the same fenders. Specialized Electrak 2.0 (Armadillo with Gripton Compound) are designed for Vado 6.0. The size is 51-622, which is 700x51c or so-called 29x2". These tyres are the best thing ever designed for the Vado on 700c wheels. They are almost slick, grippy, supple and extremely fast rolling. They are also puncture resistant.

The problem is you might not trust me these tyres would fit your Vado :) I wouldn't believe it either if not the fact my 2017 Vado 5.0, the predecessor to Vado 6.0 came equipped with Electraks...

1679327632525.png

A wet Electrak in real life.

1679327730152.png

Electraks on my Vado, last Saturday, a forest & gravel ride.

1679327912473.png

Electraks on my Vado, yesterday (Sunday). A 105 km gravel group ride. They look tight but there's still clearance to the fenders!

Last edited:
Back