I want a breathable lightweight full face visor helmet at the lowest price I can find.

The bold portion makes sense given the risks you face riding. The rest of the sentence isn't logical. I'd care less about price and be concerned with helmet quality, fit, and protection.

i agree, just look at the price differently. How much is your brain worth? My helmet is $300 and it is worth it. Super light
I there is no money, a cheap helmet is better than nothing, but if at all possible, a helmet is not where I would try to go cheap :)

The bold portion makes sense given the risks you face riding. The rest of the sentence isn't logical. I'd care less about price and be concerned with helmet quality, fit, and protection.
The whole sentence makes sense if you take it for granted that good fit and good protection are necessities. :)
One of those already shown as good doesn't sound good to me, from reviews.
C$486.99

I use helmet "beanies" made for use under a helmets on both, my motorcycle and E bike helmets. Kind of like a sock for your head. That should be enough to replace the hair lost from a hair cut. You do seem hard to please though, so......

It's me; the problem child again (and I used the term child extremely loosely). As usual, I am finding it difficult finding something that fits my need/desire. I currently have an Arai Signet GT size S. It fit fine when I had very long hair. Now that I chopped it all off, the helmet is too big. I bought a new Arai Signet X (I think), in XS that matched my bike perfectly, but it was way too small. I also purchased a Icon Airflight size L. And after wearing it around the house, got some hotspots. Plus it was a biiiatch to get off. So I have been wearing my ages old Fulmer 3/4 helmet. Arai has great protection and air flow which is why I tend to want to stay with them. One guy recommended a Schuberth Carbon Fiber, but man, are they pricey! (like the Arais aren't). My head measures around 22" and a tad. Guessing my head is an intermediate oval. I tried a bunch of helmets on at CycleGear the other day, and just couldn't find what I wanted. Granted, I didn't try on many solid color helmets, as I prefer some sort of pattern. That's it. So.....GO!
Washing and drying the liner in the machine will often fluff it up again and fill the gap that results after it packs out a bit between haircuts. I find mine work great that way.

I have been riding motorcycles for almost 60 years. To be honest, I feel naked with just my usual Giro bicycling helmet, even on my Lectric on bike lanes. Knowing how often one goes face first when things go south is always in my mind. You just don't often land on the top of your head. But my Arai XD motorcycle helmet is too heavy and hot at bicycle speeds here in Arizona. I think about this all the time. Also, I think my head is worth more than the $300 as mentioned, FWIW. Hopefully, I will get smarter.

Here are some good bicycle helmets.

Dainese

Alpinestars

FOX

Bell
Tested by whom?

helmet2.jpg

7iDP Project 23 Carbon helmet and Leatt Velocity mtb enduro goggles.

I'll go as far as to say, given the bike you've built, (with 'paddles' no less) and having chosen to break all the E-bike laws while doing it, planning to ride in bike lanes annoying other riders, (not to mention cars) that you don't need any helmet at all. There seems to be little to protect inside your head anyway. Why throw away anymore good dollars after the bad?

CN

Lifting this thread, wondering if there are any new FF bicycle helmets on the market that does not make you look like a Stormtrooper...? 😏

I bought an LS2 modular helmet for a motorcycle I just picked up. It is nice as you can wear it as a full face or half face with the visor down, also there is a sun visor that comes down so you can look like an aviator. I like this type helmet much more than a std full face style. You can smoke a doobie, chew tobacco, or just chew the fat and not have to take it off.

I bought an LS2 modular helmet for a motorcycle I just picked up. It is nice as you can wear it as a full face or half face with the visor down, also there is a sun visor that comes down so you can look like an aviator. I like this type helmet much more than a std full face style. You can smoke a doobie, chew tobacco, or just chew the fat and not have to take it off.
Cool, I might use something like that for riding an electric moped of some sort. But for actually pedaling... not likely.

It’s heavy. XXL is about 4 lbs 4 oz. About a pound heavier than the lighter weight modulars.

I bought a Bell Super Air R Mips Spherical in June 2020. Later, I realized I was hardly riding any technical single track (a single downhill ride on rocks does not count). The kind of singletrack we can find here in Mazovia is so easy people zoom it on their gravel bikes safely. I had many crashes including crashes on black ice; none involved falling chin down on the pavement (in the worst case, it was the helmet peak to stop the impact). Buying the Bell full face helmet was a costly mistake as for my needs. I still wear it on fast forest rides but with the chin piece removed.

I saw a guy on an ebike today wearing a full face motorcycle helmet. I suspect it was because that's his normal commute across a very busy 2 lane blacktop "highway" that's bordered by miles and miles of farm fields and it's probably pretty dusty riding up that road.

Back