Currie E3 Path won't assist above 14MPH

Wagongw

My wife's Currie E-3 Path (new, 3 weeks old) used to be much speedier, providing assist up to 20MPH. Now the assist cuts out at 14MPH, whether with assist or on throttle setting, and you're on your own after that. Can the top assisted speed be reset?

Questions to help someone who knows the answers, I don't know Currie..

When did it change? All at once or gradual? What were you doing when it happened ? Riding uphill? From a stop it just happened? Have you disconnected any connections you are comfortable doing and put back together? Did it fall over or set on its side? If it has any remove able batteries and put them back in. Did anyone change any settings on the console? Was it worked on ? Any noises? Any diagnostics run(if they are available)? Did you check the owners manual? Does it ride any different powered off then before ?

Good start I hope

Mark

My wife's Currie E-3 Path (new, 3 weeks old) used to be much speedier, providing assist up to 20MPH. Now the assist cuts out at 14MPH, whether with assist or on throttle setting, and you're on your own after that. Can the top assisted speed be reset?
@Wagongw - Sorry to hear that your having an issue with your wife's Path. If the information that JoePah pointed you to has not solved the issue, please send me your contact information and I have our Tech Support director contact you on Monday. [email protected].

Best regards,
-Larry

I had a similar problem on my E3 Dash -- it turned out to be the rear brake lever was triggering the auto cutoff because of a misadjusted set screw: it was limiting the lever return. So check the brake levers, that would be my first bet. Also in the manual, look for how to go to diagnostics mode, one of the diags will also tell you if it thinks the levers are open/closed.

Wagongw,
It looks like we're all here to help you. Everyone has a lot of great ideas. My first question is whether the bike is a 2012-2013 E3 Path, or the newer 2014 or the brand new 2015 E3 Path Plus. The older Path, is VERY different than the newest ones.

Back