Cruiser with gates belt drive

Ekkamai

Hi!

Looking to buy my first e bike. Want an e bike with cruiser type handles where you ride with a straight back.

Would like to buy one with Gates belt drive and Bosch Performance Line CX.

Will be riding in city and outside - up to 100 km per day. I'm 182 cm, 75 kg.

So far 2 bikes caught my attention - the new Gazelle Grenoble C7+ HMB Elite (no belt drive though, would snap it off instantly if it would have it) and Riese Mueller Cruiser urban. R&M has gates belt drive, but only Bosch Active Line Plus. Not sure how much better Performance Line CX would be, says it's limited to 25 km/h with Active Line Plus. Would love to have more power going uphill and speed could be a bit faster I suppose.

Any model suggestions beside those 2?

Thank you!

I would recommend you get a Riese & Müller Nevo and swap the bars for a more swept back style. If you could bump your budget a bit more the R&M Culture is my favorite bike with those specs. It’s super comfortable and it had a very upright position.

Thanks for advice Chris!

I'd love to get the Riese & Müller Nevo GH Vario, but something I realized is that the range won't be up to 120 km in Tour mode. In fact it will barely make 120 km in Eco mode and I don't want to ride in Eco all the time when going distances. I guess it's hard to achieve 120 km distance with Bosch Performance CX. Dual battery comes to mind, but it makes the bike look uglier and extra 900 eur :/

Maybe you know if Bosch have plans to develop Powertube 600 or 700 in the future?

I’m sure that overtime that Bosch will release higher capacity batteries. It’s not clear when that will happen though. The nice thing is that the batteries are generally backwards compatible so overtime the battery can be swapped out.

Hi!

Looking to buy my first e bike. Want an e bike with cruiser type handles where you ride with a straight back.

Would like to buy one with Gates belt drive and Bosch Performance Line CX.

Will be riding in city and outside - up to 100 km per day. I'm 182 cm, 75 kg.

So far 2 bikes caught my attention - the new Gazelle Grenoble C7+ HMB Elite (no belt drive though, would snap it off instantly if it would have it) and Riese Mueller Cruiser urban. R&M has gates belt drive, but only Bosch Active Line Plus. Not sure how much better Performance Line CX would be, says it's limited to 25 km/h with Active Line Plus. Would love to have more power going uphill and speed could be a bit faster I suppose.

Any model suggestions beside those 2?

Thank you!
Have a look at the Specialized Como 5 - and there is an option with IGH and automatic gears and a belt drive, and will give you the distance with plenty of speed.

Back