Courts E-bike reviews

Robie

With our new forum site switch to new format I cannot find where Court is posting his reviews. Anyone know where to clk.
Thanks in advance.

I am using IE11 in Win10. The attached screenshot is what I see on the forum home page. If yours is similar, you can click in the area that I have marked in red. This will bring up the reviews page.

Attachments

• EBR Screen_LI.jpg
    EBR Screen_LI.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 532
I am using IE11 in Win10. The attached screenshot is what I see on the forum home page. If yours is similar, you can click in the area that I have marked in red. This will bring up the reviews page.
Desktop the EBR link works, mobile does not.

IE is becoming obsolete.
I've switched to Mozilla Firefox long time ago, before Win 10, and have no regrets.

Win 10 includes Edge browser - not my favorite, though it's at par with Firefox. It displays this EBR page properly.

It's hard for me to understand the need to do any substantial research on a small mobile screen. Mobiles are for a quick urgent tasks, they implement their own browsers that are inferior to "big" browsers like Edge or Firefox.

This is why people are making site-specific "browsing apps" to use instead of the built-in browser, and app usually works better for one particular site, but this is un-gratifying work, at some point the app stops working well (or at all).

Use a normal browser on desktop or laptop.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Sure miss seeing Courts reviews on new ebikes. J.R. your link was great help . The Urban Plus is one I was wanting to read. I was fortunate to test ride a prototype awhile back. Nice ride. Thanks again.

I get the same thing with IE11 on Win 7 Pro, so I use Google Chrome when visiting EBR.

I'm not thrilled with IE, but you can't go back more than one page in Edge, and from what I have read, Chrome and Firefox both have their share of problems. Wouldn't it be nice if just one browser worked for everything without absorbing your information and every site you visit? I might even pay for that. :rolleyes:

I'm not thrilled with IE, but you can't go back more than one page in Edge, and from what I have read, Chrome and Firefox both have their share of problems.

Firefox can go back for (at least) 5 pages, maybe more. I am sure there are some flaws in the Fox, but my needs are simple.

In Edge I don't like interface - probably can be customized, but I am happy with Firefox. One huge thing that made me switch from IE to Firefox many years ago, was the ease of zooming fonts bigger-smaller, with a touch of mouse wheel. Back then, in IE you had to do this through drop-menus with fixed zoom levels 25%, 50% etc.

For the OP it's a no-brainer to just use Edge instead of IE, since IE can't display the clicky EBR logo in the left-top corner. No offense, but even the creator - MS - have abandoned IE. They included it in Win 10 as a "legacy browser" for those who for some reason have to use IE. Only I can't think of any good reason :)

Last edited:
Desktop the EBR link works, mobile does not.

I often browse the forums on my iPad mini, and the EBR logo at top left of the forums pages is "clickable" for me and takes me to the bike reviews... (using Safari browser on the iPad.)

I often browse the forums on my iPad mini, and the EBR logo at top left of the forums pages is "clickable" for me and takes me to the bike reviews... (using Safari browser on the iPad.)

Indeed. Common practice in web design - clicky logo takes you to homepage. This is nicer than adding "Reviews" tab. To think of it, EBR means "Electric Bike REVIEWS".

People using IE can't see EBR logo. This particular browser doesn't display it. Conclusion - stop using IE.

Another way is to cut the "tail" off the URL address, leaving only https://electricbikereview.com. Because, again, https://electricbikereview.com is the homepage. Forum, though popular, is a sub-page. This is also very common in web design - adding dynamic forum page to static home page, to increase traffic.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't see URL address window, because they removed it from the toolbar or some other user's error. Can't blame Court for that.

Last edited:
Back