Convert your Bosch battery charger into an eBike Charging Station

Svw

Region
Europe
Hi Bosch eBike enthusiast,

Convert your Bosch eBike battery charger into a convenient wall-mounted charging station with this nice looking 3d print:

eBikeChargingStation_charging.jpgeBikeCharger_wrapped_up.JPGcharger_wrapped_right.JPGcharging_bike.JPGon_wall_without_bike.jpgcharger_slided_into_charging_station.jpg

It stores the charger right where it is needed and provides a tidy and compact solution for all its cables. Moreover, if combined with a plug-in timer, it allows to prolong the longevity of your battery and to reduce the fire hazard of charging your bike.

Before I created this 3d print, we did not have a good solution for storing our battery charger. Often it was left laying on the ground, and the bikes regularly ran over its cables. It was also inconvenient to use a plug-in timer as the wall outlets in our garage are all covered with protective lids. Therefore, I designed this all-in-one solution for the above problems. I am proud of the result and my wife loves it!

I am convinced this may be useful to other eBike enthusiasts, as well. Therefore, I made the design available on the eBike Charging Station page of the PrusaPrinters website. Have a look at this page for a detailed feature list and additional pictures. Feel free to download the design from there too! This is the purpose of the PrusaPrinters website, after all.

By coincidence, the PrusaPrinters website is currently running a design contest for 3d printed Organization Tools. Since this design fits that category very well, I would appreciate it that, if you like this design, you would also give it a like on the eBike Charging Station page (free registration required). Popularity is one of the criteria to rate the entries. If you acknowledge its usefulness, like a particular aspect of the design, or have suggestions to improve it, I hope you will leave your comments both here on this forum and on the PrusaPrinters page. I am looking forward that some (or hopefully many) of you will download the design, as this will also increase its popularity. You can then print the design yourselves or via a friend or colleague who has access to a 3d printer. You can also use the downloaded design files to ask for a quote at a 3d print service or from a PrusaPrinters member that provides print-on-demand services. Advanced users can even improve or customize the design themselves.

I hope you enjoy my design! Let me know what you think and certainly if you printed one for yourselves.

thats cool. I use a demo outlet that I can turn on and off with Alexa and google and turns off after 4 hours Aldo hooked to my smart home. like it turns on at 8pm so the battery is at room temp.

I'm glad you like it. Good idea about using it in combination with a smart switch. I have a Sonoff plugin switch that I can control via WIFI. But I haven't come up with a convincing use case for it that is preferable over a simple timer. I'm afraid it will just make things more complicated for my wife and daughters who have to use it and who don't want to lose time fiddling with it. Being able to monitor the battery voltage and automatically switch off that charger when it reaches a specified charging level would be cool, though.

Back