Commuter / Day Tripper Backpack - Aster by Lumos

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
The Aster, by Lumos. A very cool and useful commuter/day tripper backpack that does everything but pedal and steer for you. It is on a crowdfunding campaign, unfortunately, but it is new, unique and innovative. It's not a re-branded Alibaba backpack as far as I can find out. Price is $99, very reasonable if it works as designed and backers get what they paid for.

https://bikerumor.com/2016/04/08/lumos-finalizes-light-commuter-backpack-concept-aster/

Looks like a cool pack with a lot of lighting features.

Like most other crowdfunding first of a kind products, there will be a huge learning curve.. If they sell an updated model in a year, it should be a great bike backpack.

As far as a previous model being sold in India, and this being improvement, I point to the Ultramotor A2B Metro.. I was told that eBike was perfected in India over the years, and this was a reliable bike.. not true, not even a little true.

Like most other crowdfunding first of a kind products, there will be a huge learning curve.. If they sell an updated model in a year, it should be a great bike backpack.
Exactly! I think this is a very good example of what crowdfunding is, or should be for. CF could be very effective for this small, relatively new company trying to gain access to western markets. As for their previous 3 backpack models, I saw those while reading up on this, they were a little rough and this new pack is a marked improvement in looks, size and function. I look forward to seeing this at my LBS or Amazon. I'll buy one.

I think it's a great idea, but I tend to give my bags the battering of a lifetime... I wonder if it would survive my treatment.

I hope they ditch the little hexagon wheels. I think that looks a bit tacky. Its a great concept, but I think the US market likes stuff a bit cleaner in terms of aesthetics.

In general I wish bike makers would use less bling. Solid colors with minimal logos. If I'm paying top dollar, I don't want to be a travelling billboard.

Back