Colt Surface 604

Stefi

I may consider Colt Surface 604, anyone having this ebike can give me an overall feedback abut this model? How is the torque and acceleration? For 10 amp battery what range can expect only on throttle? Thanks.

I have been very happy with my Colt. One significant issue that i have dealt with is the unique battery design that is nested in an equally unique extruded aluminium down-tube. Take care.

Perhaps i misspoke. Recently did a fair amount of shopping around and only found offerings on Alibaba and DH Gate. As an aside, spoke with Surface 604 tech very recently as it was suggested that they have move away from this form factor and they will likely be only carrying the new style batteries.

Here is the path i recently was on. Felt inclined to look into various upgrades to make my bike (2019 Colt) more 'me' compatible. Took advantage of Suntours fork upgrade discount of $100 and went from the basic XCT spring fork to a lighter more sophisticated air fork. Also installed a Crane Thud Buster seat post, both nice comfort upgrades. Next gave consideration to battery & controller changes. Lots of questions and research time. Was surprise to find my small controller stuffed into the bottom 41/2 inches of down tube. Switching that unit out will be 'fun'. Then i went on to research the battery and until i found Reention Dorado stamped on the case, i found nothing that looked like it except on Surface 604 website. My hope was to save a bit of money so i was moving in the direction of 'generic'. Finally contacted 604 and spoke to tech rep. Nice sort and rather open about options and chuckled when i shared my thoughts about controller placement and 'fit'. Around this time was when there was mention of the pending battery/controller change over. Granted, the batteries shown on website appear to be what i am using, but seem to be out of stock. Info presented left me with the impression that new stock will not fit our bikes and as well, it was inferred that it would be unlikely that 'our' style would be carried. Does not seem like a great customer service plan, so perhaps i misunderstood something. In any event am working on placing a battery order through Alibaba with a vendor that has sold a few high capacity battries to fellow forum members. They all seem comfortable with product and service. Take care.

Envy your comfort/experience in purchasing offshore direct from manufacturer. I have only done it twice and item cost was around $150. Happy to say, never a problem. Now i understand the no problem aspect given the ease of offshore buying. Until i came across this forum and this thread my project goals were looking to be more of a challenge than expected.

Back