Chris Hayes all in on eBikes

I posted it yesterday…incremental improvements to infrastructure and education in the short time will help create demand for planners to add to bike infrastructure. My LBS occasionally does out reach to retirement complexs for demo’s of ebike. The last place called the store and I and my Allant9s assisted. Clearly my bike was the star of the show but they did get to try a Specialized.

Please, no FREE bikes! Free is easily undervalued, not maintained, and easily discarded.
Maybe a rebate or tax deduction would help create ownership and appreciation for a valued utility.

Please, no FREE bikes! Free is easily undervalued, not maintained, and easily discarded.
Maybe a rebate or tax deduction would help create ownership and appreciation for a valued utility.
Eh, I dunno; I´m quite fond of free stuff. Free parking, free shipping, free love. I don´t
like buying stuff. If I can make something myself, I´ll never buy it. Buying stuff always
seems to require money, a substance that has avoided me most of my life. Having a
bunch of it doesn´t necessarily make one a good person or even a happy one.🥴

My opinion is that the money is better spent on infrastructure improvements to make riding a bike safer and more protected from cars. But maybe we can't generate the political will to invest in infrastructure until there are more people on bikes in general. So free e-bikes for all will probably help with that :D. It's great that more and more people are seeing the benefits of e-bikes and how they replace car trips. I love it.

Back