BUZZ etrike review.

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So as discussed in a prior forum, I purchased a gently used BUZZ etrike from a fellow member. At this moment I haven't ridden the etrike enough to give it a honest review, but the review is coming. Right off the bat after unloading and playing around, this 36volt/350 watt mid-drive will do burn outs if you have the correct gear selected and lay into the pedals! And it hauls booty off the line as well. Best part is my wife is looking forward to riding it! I'm gonna go over everything, get her a seat with a backrest and set the etrike up for her ergonomics, but make it so I can raise the seat and ride it as well. So let me get some miles on it and I'll give everyone an honest review. Finally, I anyone was considering a trike and your'e willing to travel to Norfolk, VA hit me up and you can test ride our BUZZ etrike. Time for some seat time and collect notes for the review........

So I've been riding the BUZZ trike around the neighborhood and to the grocery store. This trike rocks! It's quick enough for bumping around with, both off the line and top end. Will hit around 18mph top end, just watch your speed in turns like any trike! I need to learn the real world battery range but it does what I need it to do so far. Battery mounting is the best I've ever seen and the controls are pretty straight forward. The trike will fit on a sidewalk if needed and I can squeeze it thru some narrow gaps without clipping the rear wheels. The headlight bounces around (mounted on fender) but has a decent spread of light. Rear is just a light, but its bright enough at night. I ordered locking aluminum brake levers for it just for the easy locking feature. Also have some bmx pedals on order for better grip. Everyone stops to ask about it like all ebikes. My wife said its "to fast" but she's warming up to it a little at a time. Will update as more data is collected.

So its been to hot and buggy for my wife to ride the trike. A friend came over one night and we took the trike and my Rad Runner out and went on a ebike adventure. My friend was really impressed with the trike, so I let him take it home. He does grocery runs and explores on it. I find it strange because he can ride a 2 wheel bicycle but he's infatuated with trikes now. Weird to me! I told him to keep a data log for battery consumption and other things worth noting.

So the guy who borrowed the BUZZ trike now has 70 miles on it! He wants to buy it so I think he'll become the new owner soon. My wife just didn't take to it because of the rough ride on bumpy surfaces, and she's just not a bicycle person. She'd rather ride her Electra Rat Fink 2 wheel analog bike. I'll try and get the guy who will end up with the BUZZ to post his own review and relevant data.

Back