Bulls Lacuba Evo8 Wave versus Pedego City Commuter

Jim Dove

First, thanks for the feedback on the husband and wife thread I started. More research has me comparing these two bikes for my wife. I thought a new thread would elicit more response, so apologies for the noise.

Is The Bulls materially superior to the Pedego. The latter has the advantage of my wife loving the color choices and the local dealer.

For me, I am deciding between a Stromer ST2 versus a Bulls Lacuba EVO45 and leaning toward the Bulls. Any advice there welcome too. Again -- spectacular forum and information on the site. This has been very helpful.

Many thanks,
Jim

Bulls EVO E8 is materially superior to Pedego in every way.
Good torque sensor, huge battery, hydraulic brakes, good aesthetics, Gates drive, battery in the downtube = better handling.
Pedego is much more powerful than the BULLS and frankly, most ladies love the Pedego. The color and the relaxed styling is what charms them.

B/w ST2 and Lacuba E45, you just need to test ride and see what works for you. ST2 is really an excellent bike if you are not dealing with lots of hills or stop-go traffic.
If you are ok with shifting, then any mid-drive BULLS with Brose or Bosch would work well.

The best thing would be to rest them and see which one you like the best.

Jim,

IN your prior post you described your wife as somewhat of a lazy rider, who liked the Pedego after a test ride. There is a good chance she will not like a center drive like the Bulls where it is more critical to continually shift to the right gear. Analogy of automatic transmission versus standard. In any event have her try a center drive.

T

Very helpful guys, thanks. I think there's an obvious answer for my wife that I just don't like for some reason. Lol

My use case has plenty of hills. I tested the ST2 and would not have guessed hills would be an issue based on going up a couple. I need to test the Bulls. Hoping it has the same get up and go I found in the ST2.

Cheers.

Try Shimano Steps with Di2 shifter, gives automatic gear shifting. All wife has to do is pedal and select assist level, most likely High in her case.

I weighed in on the other thread, Jim, but I'm back to agree with what Ravi said about many women just loving the Pedegos. If she don't like it, she ain't gonna ride it! Local dealer support means a good bit, too, as you mentioned.

Same as when you're carefully noting the Teslas going by and pointing out how technologically advanced they are, and she couldn't care less, just wants to go to the store in the CRV.

Here's the Pedego and the Trek peacefully coexisting at the Saratoga National Battlefield site Monday. She gets a lot of pro comments on that bike as well. As you described, note the very straight up sitting position. Can't fight it!

Almost forgot... that thing may not be the most sophisticated bike in the world, but with a normal sized woman on it, will climb the side of a barn.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 799
Last edited:
I don't get Pedego more than any Ebike. Just fancy colors, tarted up Chinese E bikes, but priced like they're full suspension and top quality components. Sometimes look kind of neat/funky, but comparetively basic.

Thought I'd close the loop on this. Visited Sleek Ebikes in Tarrytown, NY to try out the Bulls line-up. Rode the Evo8 and various other Bulls bikes. My wife rode several as well. She went with what seemed to me a cheaper version of the Pedego from Ariel Rider. I think it's kind of goofy but she loves it. I ended up with the Bulls Estream Evo 45 FS. In the end, I came to like the full suspension on the Bulls. And, as a MTB, it offered some additional flexibility beyond their city commuter bikes. Appreciate all of the feedback from everyone and the great reviews to help guide the decision here. Great site...

Back