Brose

Wow, not me. How many miles do you have on the bike? When I pedal from standing, I do have the problem of the engine engaging late in the pedal stroke. When it kicks in, the resistance goes from 99% to 25% and I almost slip and fall sometimes. But that's not belt or motor slip. Hopefully you're still under warranty.

Update:
Finally found the problem on my Bulls eBike Brose T motor, It needs new bearing sets, Got a hold of Performance line bearing and they will assist me on overhauling my Brose T motor. I wish Bulls Dealer I went to look in it more so It could of covered the cost of my warranty, I felt I got neglected the Bulls Dealer but I learned my lesson on what brand of eBike and LBS I should get/recommend to my friends to get.
Sounds like its more of an LBS problem than a Bulls problem (based on my experience). I shopped around for LBS when I got my Bulls(hardtail version of your bike), despite having a shop less than 2 miles from my house, I chose a LBS 30miles away. It paid off as 1 year on (4k miles) as the battery went bad ($1k battery) and I got it replaced no charge. The LBS was instrumental in getting it fixed quickly. They have been a great LBS.

I got a Bulls in 2018 because I wanted a large battery brose powered bike. While I love the bike, I would probably select something else these days as Bulls just doesnt seem that popular in the US.

Sounds like the spraq clutch, I have seen one in person that failed by locking up, basically, the pedals always rotated. The LBS(same as mentioned before) was replacing it under warranty

Why not just get the motor serviced by Brose. Im very much a DIY guy but I would just get a new/renewed motor. As a nice bonus, you would get the newer brose motor.

That being said, keep us updated on what the outcome is.

I had the friendliest bike company in Va before I moved , loved talking to them about ebikes , let me ride any of them ,even get a bagel on the weekends but the bike started giving me issues they would repair it just enough to get it going multiple times by bleeding the brakes instead of replacing any parts. Many times the dreaded NTF on jerky acceleration , even used screws too short to hold the rack in place correctly and they didn’t accept responsibility for selling a “lemon” . The shop had many opportunities to make things right but just wouldn’t do it. I belive that from the other customers there and the ratings of the shop on line thought or was a good or better shop, I don’t and will not recommend anyone to go there. Conte’s

Those warranties sound great, thats definately something to consider and definately worth the $$ IMHO.

There is a LBS in Boulder, CO (University Cycles) that I have bought 2 bikes from and their service in getting warranty work done has been beyond description (even getting me an upgraded specialized FS frame which cost more than the original bike I bought). They are more expensive (although reasonable). My takeaway from the experience (same as with the Bulls) is that it boils down to a good relationship between the dealer and the manufacturer and the dealer having respect for their customer.

The more local LBS(Louisville Cyclery) is super popular with the 'racer crowd' and they have an attitude to match. I actually went to buy my Bulls from them initially and gave them name/number and they never called me back despite me going back twice (in person) to confirm they had my info. A year later I went there to buy some tubes and the owner introduced himself to me outside and I told him the story and his response was 'bummer dude'. I havnt been back for anything since. I have yet to meet anyone wearing one of their cycling jerseys who is friendly.

I LOVE my bulls as well, I wish Bulls had more of a US presence. When I bought mine, there were few LBS options. I actually bought mine from a shop called Small Planet ebikes in Longmont, CO. They are not perfect but earned their keep when my Bulls Battery died.

A more recent shop is now available (ebikes of colorado in louisville) and they are a top notch ebike shop. Im lucky to have them so close. I bought a iZIP Moda E3 (brose) from them. They are super friendly and everyone in the shop is super respectful. The amount of business they do on weekends is unreal. The difference is they cater to the people buying these bikes instead of having a 'racer crowd mentality'. Since they are so closed to Louisville Cyclery, Bulls wont let them be a dealer. Thats definately something Bulls should reconsider. I would have bought my latest ebike from them if they could have gotten one (cube Reaction Hybrid 45 EX 625 Allroad 29) but have decided to do my third DIY ebike project instead.

Back