Bosch Nyon

• Thread starter Deleted member 803
  • Start date
Probably the best display but I'm interested in knowing how much battery drains as a result GPS and smart phone connectivity..

For comparison, an iPhone 5 has a 5.45 watt hour battery. I know it will run 2.5 to 3 hrs if I use a GPS cycling app + playing podcasts. Assuming Nyon is similar, that is about 1% or 2% of the battery over a full discharge ride.

For comparison, an iPhone 5 has a 5.45 watt hour battery. I know it will run 2.5 to 3 hrs if I use a GPS cycling app + playing podcasts. Assuming Nyon is similar, that is about 1% or 2% of the battery over a full discharge ride.

Awesome..! Thanks Marc.

Unfortunate that Nyon won't hit the US market until 2015 spring.

I can't help but think that android and ios will be the primary delivery vehicle for e-bike apps. You have robust operating systems, mature bluetooth, large high resolution screens, long battery life, and well-developed API toolkits. If I were a manufacturer, I'd much rather put my efforts into software rather than the costly expense of dedicated displays.

I can't help but think that android and ios will be the primary delivery vehicle for e-bike apps. You have robust operating systems, mature bluetooth, large high resolution screens, long battery life, and well-developed API toolkits. If I were a manufacturer, I'd much rather put my efforts into software rather than the costly expense of dedicated displays.

You and I think alike, why reinvent the wheel? We're nearly all carrying around a micro computer in out pockets, some good software and a Bluetooth transmitter, and a mount for the phone and you're set.

Bosch is saying they're will be a Nyon retro kit. I wonder how much it will cost.

Nyon display won't be available for the US market until Spring 2015.
We will update the community as soon as we hear from them.

I've heard different about the Bosch Nyon system. They are still working on getting a proper US partner for GPS data so I doubt they will be here next spring. More likely to be released spring of 2016.

UK price is 449eu which is well over $500 right? **** that. ;)

Agreed that a cell phone app (most free) makes a zillion times more sense. Very cool though. Love to have it for say, $150.

Any update?
I'm not sure if you're referring to the US, but the Nyon isn't coming to the states anytime in the near future. This was as of last week when I asked a high level executive at Bosch USA. You could go with COBI as an alternative, but it's not an officially Bosch supported product.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the US, but the Nyon isn't coming to the states anytime in the near future. This was as of last week when I asked a high level executive at Bosch USA. You could go with COBI as an alternative, but it's not an officially Bosch supported product.

Chris,

I had never heard of COBI thanks for the tip. I looked at all the information I could find online and have decided to pull the trigger.

I'll post a review once I have received, installed, and ridden a few miles.

Again, thanks for the tip

jeff

I have some demo units in the shop but I haven't gotten time to test yet. I have used it at Eurobike though. Please let me know how it goes.

The COBI is pretty much a non-starter. I was only able to get it to work twice. I have been in contact with their tech support and they say the next revision to the firmware with make it work with my bike.

Just for grins I also purchased a Nyon upgrade kit from a company in Europe. There appears to be a way of making it work, I'll let you know how that goes as well. As far as map data... It uses open source map data so that should not be the issue.

cheers

jeff

I'm sorry to hear that Jeff. I hope the Nyon works for you. I'm interested to hear how both work out.

I've been very hopeful for the COBI, I hope they can work out these early bugs quickly. The concept seems great, but it needs to work 100%

Back